Gather Yourselves Together discussion

Off-Topic > Recomendations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments If you've ever read a book and thought 'WOW THAT WAS THE BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ' then you should share it with the group so we can enjoy the book or discuss what on earth is wrong with the person if the book is total baloney.

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments The book I just finished reading is AWESOME. Everyone I know has given it 5 stars. It is called "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss.

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 194 comments Mod
I have to second that one. "The Name of the Wind" is one of the best books I have read. I can't wait for part two to come out.

message 4: by Meredith (new)

Meredith | 155 comments I am constantly trying to get people to read "The Thief" by Megan Whalen Turner and it's two sequels, "The Queen of Attolia" and "The King of Attolia." I cannot recommend them highly enough. Read them! Part political thriller, part supernatural adventure, part action adventure, all awesome. Go team!

message 5: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (ErichFranzLinnerGuzmann) | 81 comments I have gotten a few recommendations on "The Thief" lately. I hadn't heard of it until then. I will have to put that on the top of my to-reads, that seem to be never ending, ha. Thanks!

message 6: by Nicolle (last edited Jan 30, 2009 10:24AM) (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments Just thought i'd add that you can also recomend books that you should NEVER read.

Angel Blood by John Singleton is just.....i can't even sum it up in words. It's not that he can't write it's just the story is a tad disturbing and makes me 'sad'. I like some books that bring a tear to your eye but this is a no no.

message 7: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments I read "The Thief" a few years back, I remember that I liked it, but I don't remember much more then that about the book. Since it is one of the few books I actually own, Mer has convinced me to re-read it.

message 8: by Dave (new)

Dave Geurts (davegeurts) | 33 comments Nice, I just added The Thief in my to read shelf. I have to recommend Robert Heinland "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" This book turned me on to sci fi and changed my life. Also if you like disturbing or R rated books I would also recommend Choke by Chuck P.

message 9: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments I read 'the thief' it was great. won't give anything away.

I recomend the unwed undead series by Mary Janice Davidson.