The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Who is Rory Gilmore

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simone (new)

Simone | 1 comments well the topic says it all. Who is Rory Gilmore?!
Is she an artist or a writer?Who is she, where is she and what does or did she do for a living!

message 2: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments Hi Simone! Welcome to our group!

Rory is both an artist and a writer, but mostly she's a book lover and fictional character on a wonderful tv show called The Gilmore Girls. Rory is an avid reader on the show and an inspiration to readers everywhere.

If you haven't seen the show yet, but would like to, ABC Family currently shows reruns twice a day on weekdays.

message 3: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (new)

Shannon | 254 comments Mod
Ok I have to comment on this because of my strange thinking. When I first read this post I thought it was a philosophical pondering - who is this rory gilmore? Is she an artist or a writer? Man I'm a freak.

message 4: by Meghan (new)

Meghan No Shannon, that's what I thought too.

It's funny though because I don't really know if I could answer that. While I loved the show, I related more to Lorelai because I'm only 5 years younger than her. And while I didn't have a kid at 16, I went through her ups and downs. It's been a while since I went through Rorys. Lorelai was my role model as what I wanted to be "when I grew up" as a mom and an adult woman. Not so much though on the relationship level. She was kind of screwed up in the boy department.

message 5: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments i admit that was my first impression too.

deep down i think we're all a little rory gilmore.

in my case, she's this girl from the great white north who apparently makes her living posting copious inane comments. i guess that makes her a writer. though i must admit artistic leanings as well. so it's a tough question.

in all i think i relate more to rory than lorelai though. i'm not quite up to lorelai's extrovert standards. although i do seem to have her parents.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Maybe this thread should get moved to Gilmore Girls discussions?

I definitely identify more with Lorelai. Maybe it's because I don't think Alexis Bledel is that great of an actress, but Rory would sometimes get annoying. The only thing I really identified with Rory on is the reading several books at once thing. But I love Lorelai's sense of humor and Lauren Graham's delivery.

message 7: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Heather, your last line was hysterical. You're so funny.