Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > The Slanket!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 134 (134 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sally, la reina (last edited Jan 28, 2009 09:23PM) (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17294 comments Mod

So next year when we have our 1st annual holiday exchange will the person who draws my name buy me this?

[image error]

message 2: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (Sandikal) I could use one of those.

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24113 comments But how would you be able to run out of the house if there were a fire?

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'd just stop, drop, and roll all over the house and it would be out. no problem.

message 5: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments My only concern is that this could lead to a fall and a chipped tooth when running to the fridge for another beer...

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

If one owned this, one would own one of those recliners with the beer cooler built in, clearly.

message 7: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Hee hee...

"I like your style, Dude."

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

"I like your style too ... you've go that whole Clint Eastwood thing going on"

message 9: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments "Thankee."

You probably know most of these already, but this is fun to read through:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/q...

message 10: by SenoraG (new)

SenoraG  (SenoraG) Does it come in red?

message 11: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments What a terrific film. I was initially introduced to it at age 8 by my father.

Thanks, dad!

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori I just saw that movie about 5 years ago, and am a complete fangirl now! Bwahahaha!

The Dude.

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) Matthew: your parents sound fascinating.

message 14: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments Morning, Jessica! Haha, yes, my parents are awesome.

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) and how many siblings do you have?
(curious minds what to know)

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) ha! true enough. and as the youngest, you get a lot of attention, no? my older brother "suffered" with 3 sisters as well, until years later, my younger bro. showed up.
How old are your sisters?

message 17: by Jessica (last edited Jan 29, 2009 05:48AM) (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) wow, v cool family...

you're all really close in age--

message 19: by Lori (new)

Lori Hahahaha! This is important information!

I love this line:

If you have enough money to spend $330 on a gigantic 120-inch long blanket made out of wool from Icelandic sheep, you have enough money to run your heater and walk around in your underwear instead.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, no wonder you chose The Slanket, Sally. It's the obvious choice.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Sorry, Sally, but I say that Slanket is silly. (Like my alliteration?) If you need a blanket, use a blanket. If you need sleeves, get a sweater.

message 22: by Sally, la reina (new)

*pffft* I like my slanket.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I am not against them for others, but the thought of sitting in one of those on the couch looking like a giant, fuzzy blob is panic-evoking.

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

I make sure to do my hair and my sit-ups before slanketing, of course.

message 25: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments I'm envious of your slanket, Sally, and I think in the future we will all wear them all the time (but mainly for special ceremonies and chillaxin')

Mr. Spock agrees...

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Gross!

message 27: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Do you have a better idea for our futuristic uniform, Montambo? Ugh, don't tell me that you're down with the silver jump suit with black leg stripe!?

message 28: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments Sarah wrote: "Sorry, Sally, but I say that Slanket is silly. (Like my alliteration?) If you need a blanket, use a blanket. If you need sleeves, get a sweater."

Did Dr. Seuss write this?

message 30: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Fostermom, yes it comes in Red.

This is also called the Snuggie and they ran commercials for this night & day on our cable during xmas. My 7 year old wants one "soooooooo BAD!". We didn't give in. Just couldn't do it.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (Maybedog) | 163 comments Dang, I thought you wanted the woman not the hideous thing she was wearing. :) Why don't you just get a bathrobe? Then you can stand up and walk and still be warm.

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori The first thing I think whenever I see the commercial is how hard it must be to eat with those sleeves. They would constantly swipe my couch snacks off the plate. Crackers and brie, popcorn, ice cream - must haves while lounging.

message 33: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments But, that's the beauty of it... you can stash all your extra food & crumbs & stuff in the very kimono-like bell sleeves. It's Genius!

message 34: by Sally, la reina (new)

The slanket goes one step further:

http://consumerist.com/2009/12/white-...

message 35: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i am going to market one called the Skanket. it'll be see thru with convenient zippers :)

message 36: by Sally, la reina (new)

!!! ewwwww !!!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Double !!!ewwwww!!!

message 38: by Heidi (last edited Dec 07, 2009 10:48AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments The deluxe skanket comes in leopard print, red rubber, black vinyl, or acid wash demin... with an exclusive design made especially for skanket strategically placed see through design. Comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. Next 300 callers get their very own mullet wig free!

message 39: by Lori (new)

Lori Ha! Much snorting reading that link. Love it!

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (Maybedog) | 163 comments Can I just order the mullet wig?

Okay, with the original slanket/snuggie doesn't your back get cold? Why don't you just wear a sweater with a blanket over your lap when you're sitting? It makes no sense to me. But my daughter has been begging for one and I was able to get one for "free" (just pay shipping and handling!) when I ordered something else so I caved. One more thing for the dogs to curl up in and make stinky.

message 41: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments I love this line from the link: "White Castle's answer to the Snuggie is not, as you might think, three tiny Snuggies that are only comfortable when you're drunk or high."

Kevin: Nice idea, but I would incorporate that company if I were you so that they couldn't take your house away in the inevitable "caught in the zipper" class action suit...

message 42: by Sally, la reina (new)

Kelly, one's back would get cold, but I think the idea is to have your Sweeter drape it over you while you're already lounging. Then you take it off before you (if you ever do) get off the couch.
The main problem with the original slanket is that it doesn't seem to fit anyone taller than me (5'2").

message 43: by Cosmic Sher (last edited Dec 07, 2009 04:30PM) (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments My daughter wants one as well, Kelly. I was actually going to attempt to make one out of fleece but found at the fabric store a really cute cuddly-soft printed robe for a teenager, which would be huge on my petite girl, for a fraction of the cost. So we're going to cut off the belt loops and shorten the sleeves, which I can make into snuggly socks, and turn it backwards and call it a Snuggie! That's pretty much what it is anyway.

Hooray! Christmas is saved by ingenuity!

message 44: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments tad - what about a warning label that says:

Excited zipping could result in embarrassing accidents. Zip with care.

message 45: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Not just embarrassing... but painful!

message 46: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (JustKayla) | 13 comments Wow, this was one of the most random threads ever. I've never seen anyone talk so much about the snuggie haha. I think it's funny that they actually got a patten for that because, come on, it really is just like a backwards robe.
I like that, "Zip with care." Now that is funny. :)

message 47: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Kayla, this is actually pretty mild for our usual randomness. Any thread can take a detour at any time and end up down the rabbit hole in Wonderland. It's pretty fun.

message 48: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (JustKayla) | 13 comments I can see that. It was fun just to read it, haha.

message 49: by Knarik (last edited Dec 08, 2009 12:07AM) (new)

Knarik Gasparyan I saw the advertisement of this. An interesting idea, will be very comfortable while reading- hands are free to hold the book. And you can look like a ghost if you stand and walk.

message 50: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments My favorite part of the commercial for Snuggies is where the couple is wearing them to the movie theater. Oh, of course! This is exactly what I'm going to wear out in public! Yikes.

« previous 1 3