Rach~The Highlander luverrr's Reviews > Sinful

Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone

bookshelves: best-book-ever, favorites

How do you begin to explain the power of emotion this book spills through you
How do I write in words the agony and pain my heart has endured whilst reading this amazing book

The truth is I cant… I simply can not provide it in words

And so I will tell you as I write this review with the best of my ability what it is and how it is to feel completely attached to a book character so much that a HEA ending is just not enough to bring you out of your heartache…

After reading this book … I felt down .. I was so caught up in it I allowed myself and emotions to hurt .. I try not to do that when I read I try to remain distant and remember that this is after all only a fictional story, however there are very few exceptionally talented authors like Charlotte who are able to bring their characters to life with in you .. and I should have known after reading addicted that there would be no way to separate or conceal my real life emotions when i got to reading sinful.

I had brief encounters with Lord Wallingford in Addicted and then read about him on Charlottes blogs and interviews the more I got to no about him as a character the more he captivated and intrigued me..

***********SPOLIERS ***************

Charlotte introduces this character as a sinful delicious notorious rake there is no hiding his sexual desired and use of women explicitly in the boudoir .

And let me just add here that some of the erotic scenes in this book are scortchinggggg HOT!!!... make a note people "carriage scene" yes
HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!!!

Wallingford is damaged good he has a haunting past one that follows him like a black fog.. Charlotte is simply amazing in its disguise .. you will never guess the secret to Wallingford past. but when you do you will “GASP” yes.. GASP

You will be in disbelief .. the pain that such a history can cause a man.. the freedom it denies him, the chains it keeps him tied in…
And then we meet Jane.. plain in here appearance she is a strong character she what we need to release Wallingford from his past.. and that she does

There journey was more painful than happy for me I felt like although his book was nothing short of amazing I needed more in the HEA .. I needed more joy after my heart had been ripped out of my body and torn into a million pieces .. this book is "DARK" very dark

And then I read the “epilogue” which is not part of the book it is an exert on charlottes website .. and IT COMPLETED ME .. it completed me in a way that gave me closure the closure I needed to enjoy there HEA and what a bloody beautiful love story this book was ..

Charlotte I have admired you from day one … your books are such an experience for its readers they are truly amazing and you never fail to impress me
“THANKYOU” for yet again another book that I will never forget.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sinful.

Quotes Rach~The Highlander luverrr Liked

Charlotte Featherstone
“She was breathtaking in her beauty and her human spirit, he thought, unable to speak as he gazed upon her. Hers was the sort that would not fade or grow jaded with time and years, but flourish, grow more radiant with life and its experience. Hers was a beauty that no other possessed. A beauty he longed to keep, to hide away, to bask in, himself alone. She had become his. He didn’t know when, whether it had been the moment her fingertips had touched him when he was hurt, or if it had grown, like a seed, slowing spreading until Jane had become the root anchoring the shattered pieces of his heart, pulling them tight together until it resembled the organ it should.”

Charlotte Featherstone
“I can say that I have fallen deeper in love with you today, knowing the sort of man you are.”

Charlotte Featherstone
“Jane, you are my confidante, my helpmate, my friend. My lover. You are everything the word wife means to me. In my heart, we are wed. In my soul, you are mine.”

April 24, 2010 – Shelved
May 1, 2010 – Started Reading
May 1, 2010 –
page 120
33.33% "Owwwww Wallingford what have you done:("
May 1, 2010 –
page 220
61.11% "Jane i feel your pain.. but i hurt for Wallinford to :("
May 2, 2010 –
page 295
81.94% "Ow that horrid Earl Damnation!!!!!!!1"
May 2, 2010 –
page 295
81.94% "Damnation that Earl is a horrid selfish man"
May 2, 2010 – Finished Reading
May 3, 2010 – Shelved as: best-book-ever
January 22, 2011 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

♥ Beth Wow!! You are flying through this one Rach!!! I'm on 65 and I really love it so far too!!

Holly Great Review!! I really can't wait to start this one but I'm not sure my heart can take it so soon after Addicted!

Cheryl Love your review... although I didn't read the part with spoilers because I've not read Sinful yet. I'm still reading Addicted, I've had to put it aside for a couple of days because it is so painful to read, but in a good way. Like you said, Charlotte has a way of writing her characters so that they seem real to you, the things they go through the reader experiences right along with them and the hurt feels very real!

I look forward to reading this one!

Rach~The Highlander luverrr Guys if you have just read addicted my advice to you is to take a break b4you start sinful

Cyn Mistress Kitty Great review Rachael. I can tell that this book moved you deeply.
So which book did you like best Addicted or Sinful?

Alycia Great review! I am not so nervous now!!!

♥ Beth Wonderful review Rach!!!

message 8: by Adrienne (last edited May 06, 2010 10:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adrienne Oh Rach what a fantastic review! I've just finished this and wont have time to read the epilogue until much later tonight...but I just wanted to say this is exactly how I feel, exactly!