Kay 's Reviews > Alex

Alex by Sawyer Bennett

Jul 17, 2014

bookshelves: sports, contemporary-romance

Alex by Sawyer Bennett

Alex Crossman is a hockey phenom. He's at the top of his game. He also a prick, the MVP of his team in more ways than one. His treatment of his sport, teammates, fans and women is atrocious. He personally has no problems with who he is or what he does. I mean there's moments of remorse but they're fleeting. After his latest snubbing of his fans, he's given an ultimatum by his coach per the team owner. Clean up his act or else. He has to be part of an anti-drug organization and work on its campaign. He's okay with that because he knows it's a good cause.

Sutton is a counselor at the organization Alex has to work with. She's a good person, concerned with those people around her. She's excited by the opportunity she's getting to head up the new campaign. When Alex walks into the counseling center, she overcome. He's the most beautiful man she's ever seen. And the most arrogant. She handles this very well. When Alex asks her out point blank, she refuses to cross the professional/personal line. She refuses to put herself out there because of a past hurt by a man she thought she loved. And Alex Crossman has hurt written all over him.

This was a good sports romance addition into another flooded market. I liked the characters a lot. The chemistry was off the charts and the sex scenes were hot. Good flow and pacing throughout the story. I enjoyed this author's voice. She wrote about two abused people who handled that abuse so very differently. The contrast was entertaining to read. I loved the redemption of Alex. His learning to forgive himself and in turn, his father. My only complaint would be with Sutton. She still had fond feelings for the man who hurt her in the past. Even if he was honest with you about wanting to " sow his oats" and not cheat on you, I still wouldn't care for him. He basically told you that you weren't enough. Screw that and him! I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

Reviewed by Naughty Book Snitch Kay.

This book was given in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alex.

July 17, 2014 – Started Reading