Kay 's Reviews > Conspiracy in Death

Conspiracy in Death by J.D. Robb

Jul 16, 2014

bookshelves: futuristic, romantic-suspense

Conspiracy in Death by J.D. Robb

This is my absolute favorite book series to listen to. I don't think I'd read it in book form because the narrator is so fantastic. Between her great voice and Robb's writing, you can not go wrong.

Eve Dallas is investigating the murder of a homeless man. A man who has had a organ taken from him. This case is just the beginning to what takes place in this novel that kept me on the edge of my seat. There are other cases around the globe that are similar to this one. Cover ups, possible black market and the complete destruction of the Hippocratic Oath. Not to mention the attempt at discrediting Eve's reputation as a police officer. That was my favorite part of this book. The total devastation of Eve during these events. It made your blood boil and your heart hurt for her.

You still have her wonderful cast of characters: Roarke, Feeney, Peabody, Mira, McNabb, Somerset and even a little of Mavis. Not enough Mavis, but a little bit. I would've given it five stars but on the last disc, it fell apart a little for me. It quickly righted itself and I'm so glad it did. For anyone who likes romantic suspense, this series is a slam dunk. Engaging, enthralling and the good guys always win. But please, listen to it in the audio form, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed by Naughty Book Snitch Kay

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conspiracy in Death.

July 16, 2014 – Started Reading
July 16, 2014 – Shelved
July 16, 2014 – Shelved as: futuristic
July 16, 2014 – Shelved as: romantic-suspense
July 17, 2014 –
11.0% "I've missed this series."
July 22, 2014 –