Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri 's Reviews > Vanquish

Vanquish by Pam Godwin

Title: Vanquish (Deliver Book #2)
Author: Pam Godwin
Series: Yes (Book Two). Vanquish can be read as a stand-alone, but I would recommend reading Deliver (Book #1) first.
Release Date: August 26, 2014
Rating: 4.50 stars
Cliffhanger: No
Spoiler-free review

Vanquish picks up where Deliver left off without skipping a beat. This is Van’s story and everything that happened when Deliver ended. I know this book could be read as a stand-alone…but reading Deliver first is the way to go. Deliver provides all of the necessary back story on Liv and Van’s completely effed-up and dysfunctional world full of pain and twisted desires.

If you already read Deliver, you know that Van can be one hell of a twisted and sadistic beast. In Vanquish, we get to see another side of Van when he meets Amber. Amber is a former beauty queen and fitness model who dropped out of the contest scene and went off the grid. Like Van, she has a boat load of issues. Amber suffers from a variety of mental health issues including agoraphobia and OCD. She meets Van after she lets him in her home. Van will rape her, break her and fall in love with her. She is accepting of his violent behavior and fondness of dolls and just wants to clean his kitchen (I told you these two were mental).

Van finally has a reason to try and act a little more humane….since he wants a relationship with his daughter and Amber. These two are two lost souls are broken and scarred from life. They find each other and together they try to make the past vanquish.

Once again Pam Godwin delivers another crazy love story. She did a fantastic job developing the characters and the plot. Vanquish is
not as intense and dark as Deliver. I really enjoyed this book and even ended up liking Van. He met his match…a woman who was already a captive and a slave to her own illness…she wasn’t going anywhere. Amber is so effed up that she couldn't really grasp how whacked out Van is. I wouldn’t say Vanquish is dark erotica, but is more of a psychological romance. Go one click this one!

This review appears on www.kindlecrack.net , www.facebook.com/kindlecrack,Goodreads, Amazon, Google+ and Twitter. A review copy of this book was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanquish.

Finished Reading