Michael Murphy's Reviews > Deep White Cover

Deep White Cover by Joel W. Barrows

Recommended for: readers of political thrillers

There’s a new master of political suspense, and his name is Joel W. Barrows. His debut novel, Deep White Cover is a thriller that might have been ripped from today’s headlines. Barrows paints a hard-edged story about illegal immigration and introduces us to dedicated AFT agent Dave Ward.

Ward infiltrates a white supremacy group determined to protect our border with Mexico, and, if the despicable cast of characters has their way, to rid the country of Mexican-Americans entirely. With his AFT skills he successfully earns their confidence and gets closer to the head of the group, a cult-like leader with an ardent band of followers more than willing to do his bidding.

As a new member, Ward is unaware the group is planning it’s most sinister act yet, the assassination of the president. Will he discover the plot before his enemies expose him as a government agent?

I’ve been a fan of political thrillers since I read Fletcher Knebel’s Seven Days in May back in the Sixties and am constantly on the lookout for the next David Baldacci. Barrows is a district judge in Iowa, and a former federal prosecutor, and his writing shows. Suspense, intrigue and authenticity flows through each page as Barrows weaves a timely, well-paced plot with a sympathetic hero in Dave Ward.

I’m grateful to a friend who recommended this talented new author. I hope others will take a look and enjoy the thrill of Deep White Cover while I await Barrows’s next novel.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep White Cover.

July 14, 2014 – Started Reading