Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘ 's Reviews > Deviant

Deviant by Callie Hart

THREE AND A HALF STARS!

At only 175 pages, Deviant is a very quick, hot and action filled read. It follows the story of Sloane Romera's desperate search for her missing sister Alexis. She is willing to do anything to find her, including giving up her v-card to an intense stranger for information that can potentially lead her to Alexis' whereabouts. But the lead falls through and Sloane's left reeling from the betrayal. Until she meets with the stranger, better known as Zeth, at the hospital where she currently works at two years later. Things are still intense and heated between them and it doesn't take long before their relationship explodes.

I enjoyed this novella for the most part. I think it could have easily been longer so the cliffhanger had me squinting at my computer screen in frustration. There are a lot of trigger potentials so a massive warning to anyone who may not be able to stomach a darker read. There were quite a few spelling mistakes and such but they were very minor and overall did not affect the overall story. Also, the two mcs are definitely likeable. Sloane was a better stand out character than Zeth in my eyes, she was just so incredibly BAMF to me and it was easier to connect with her, even despite it being a novella.

Why not five stars? The lack of five stars was really a personal issue. I had no idea how dark this book was (well, dark in the sense that I generally read books about rainbows and sunshine and candy) so when the sex scenes came and it was like:

Me being the weiner that I am was like:

I'm sure those who have a stronger stomach than my puny one will have no problem handling this read. Looking forward to continuing the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deviant.

July 13, 2014 – Started Reading
July 13, 2014 – Shelved
July 13, 2014 –
1.0% "I'm crazy intrigued by this. "
July 14, 2014 –
100.0% "\n Oh, my. What have I gotten myself into with this series? And more importantly, how am I ever gonna fall asleep now?! /creys"
July 14, 2014 – Finished Reading
July 15, 2014 – Shelved as: there-be-some-crazy-mofos-in-hurr
July 15, 2014 – Shelved as: trigger-warnings
July 15, 2014 – Shelved as: the-dirty-talk-is-real
August 20, 2014 – Shelved as: the-heart-of-darkness

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Penelope!

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ Fantastic review babes!! xx

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘ Shannie⭐️this Whore Loves BIG C##KS⭐️ wrote: "Fantastic review babes!! xx"

Thanks, Shannie! ♥

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Great review Penny. Oh,Myers, those sex scenes were intense especially if you're more of a heart and flowers missionary fan. Bahaha. Zeth sure popped that darker cherry for ya.

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘ Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ wrote: "Great review Penny. Oh,Myers, those sex scenes were intense especially if you're more of a heart and flowers missionary fan. Bahaha. Zeth sure popped that darker cherry for ya."

Bwahaha, you shoulda seen my eyes bugging out when I got to the knife scene. Totally busted my dark cherry with that one, lol.

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Lol! your reaction:DD but I might enjoy this book;) Fab review Penny♥

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘ Sandyღ wrote: "Lol! your reaction:DD but I might enjoy this book;) Fab review Penny♥"

Lol, I definitely think you'll be able to handle this one. Thanks, Sandy! <3