Angela's Reviews > La Dolce Vegan!: Vegan Livin' Made Easy

La Dolce Vegan! by Sarah Kramer

liked it
Read 2 times. Last read February 12, 2019 to February 13, 2019.

I have her 2 other books so I sort of knew what to expect. (In fact, one of my own recipes was included in one of the previous books.)

I bought this book because I like the no-fuss recipes and “old school” approach to vegan cooking that doesn’t rely on a lot of store-bought cheese and meat analogies.

I do wish there were photos of the food (instead of just photos of the author, which is kind of weird for a cookbook?)

I also agree with some of the other reviews that this could have benefited from a more thorough edit. For example, just reading through recipes, I noticed ingredients listed in titles that were missing from the ingredients list, or listed in the ingredients and missing in the directions. And while I like that there are a fair number of recipes in the book, there are a lot of similar recipes, or recipes where just one ingredient is different than another. In that case, I would have made it an ingredient variation within the same recipe.

Another weird aspect is how many recipes come from her friend Wolfie. With the amount of recipes she provided, she could easily have put out her own book (or been listed as a co-author on this one).

Overall I still like the book and I’ve flagged a bunch of recipes to try, however I would have expected a bit more from the 3rd book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read La Dolce Vegan!.

Finished Reading