Eric Bishop's Reviews > Fires of Man

Fires of Man by Dan Levinson

14820319

Although I’m an avid reader, I only finish about half the novels I start. Some I’m done in the first fifty pages, while others I make a decision to continue around the halfway mark. No author is immune, I’ve quit bestselling authors I’ve loved previously. This novel I read and couldn’t put down, devouring close to half the first night. That said, it was an even bigger surprise because I’m not a fan of science fiction or anything with superpowers. Star Wars would’ve been far better in my opinion if Luke Skywalker had been killed by the sand people fifteen minutes in, leaving Han Solo to gallivant around the galaxy. Levinson’s characters are so vivid and fun, I couldn’t pick a favorite. Additionally I have never read a novel with this many characters where I didn’t get a little lost in the cast, trying to remember who was doing what. Not true here. Levinson writes male and female characters equally well.
I found the prose easy, fast-paced and vibrant with very few extra words or redundancies. The scenes were immersive and I can’t remember a place where the novel read slowly. Write on, Mr. Levinson. I’m looking forward to book two!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fires of Man.

Finished Reading