Emma's Reviews > The Sweet Far Thing

The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray

Dec 04, 2007

bookshelves: favorite-books, romance, action, historical-fiction
Recommended for: People who like fantasy and to people who like the Victorian age

** spoiler alert ** SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!

Defintely one of my favorite books. It took me forever to read, it's, like, 800 pages, but when I did it was awesome. I love how Gemma's not perfect--she talks to Circe, and loves the power, and wounds people just as much as she loves them. I think she could do another book about Gemma when she's done with university and everything. You know, like a couple years later. The ending was really good, but a little indefinite as to what may happen in the realms. Libba answered a lot of questions aobut it on her blog, though. Kartik. So sad! About a few pages before it happened, I knew it was going to happen. Sigh. And then Felictiy and Pippa. Didn't see that one coming at all, but I like how Felicity goes to France to meet more "people like her" or she said me. Pippa, Fee, and Ann fool around a ton in the realms--I wish Ann would be more serious about it. About Ann. I love how she goes and joins the theater. Everyone goes to where they go (Father goes to India, Ann to theater, Fee to France, Tom goes to that hospital thing, I think, and Pip just dies).

Anyway, makes it in my top five favorite books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweet Far Thing.

December 4, 2007 – Shelved