Suyash Karangutkar's Reviews > The Thorough Check

The Thorough Check by Vadassery Thaiparambil Rakesh

A policeman plays a major role in a country. Without police force, protection of the citizens and situation of law and order can go for a serious toss. In a country like India, terror attacks and bomb blasts are nothing new. We have witnessed ample number of them. But every incident has taught us and our police forces a lesson. Had policemen not been there for our protection, lord knows where we would have been crawling and creeping for our lives. Anyways, after lot many of romantic novels; I picked up a thriller novel by Vadassery Thaiparambil Rakesh or V.T. Rakesh. This book gets readers a thrilling tale of a policeman from Kerala Police.

The protagonist of the story is a Police officer from Kerala Police planted among the terrorists to hatch their plans. Considering his abilities and knowledge of basic languages used by them, he is allotted in this plan. It seems that the Intelligence suspects some illegal activities happening across the coastal route.

The protagonist travels right up to Gujarat and involves himself among them to acquire information that he has to provide to his bosses. Along with him, his friend Appu, another policeman from Kerala, coordinates with the state police and dissolves the plan of the foes. During this journey, he meets a woman Mehrunissa alias Shabman who turns out to be his informer.

This courageous officer successfully completes his first assignment but a talk of second consignment reminds him about something. He doubts the enemies for having planned a second attack. But to explore about the protagonist’s next course of actions and to learn about what happens further in the story, one must get the book and dive in it.

Over-all: Two persons standing opposite to each other with guns in their hand clearly suggest that the book has some thriller story for readers. Commenting on the cover of the book, I would say that it still could have been better. The title is good enough. The narration of the story is such that it endorsed me completely. The beginning is a bit blur though but the story gets clear as one patiently moves ahead. There are some sentences in Malayalam language and the author has provided translations to those sentences in the brackets which avoids incomprehensibility among the readers.

The habits of Indians, the delicious food of Gujarat and the way things happen in India have been interestingly described by the author in the book. The plots and characters in the book too are equally stimulating. All in all, I found the story interesting and this is one of those books which a passionate reader cannot afford to miss.

Considering everything, I would rate the book with 4.5/5. Congratulations to the author for his debut novel and hope he comes up with more such books.

Note: This book review is a part of The Readers Cosmos Book Review Program. To get free books log into The Reader's Cosmos.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thorough Check.

Started Reading