laninaki's Reviews > Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress

Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress by Kyra Davis

it was ok
bookshelves: 2010, brain-candy, listening, somebody-s-dead

Sophie drove me crazy in this latest installment. She's arrogant, she's wrong, she insists that Anatoly and everybody else listen to her extremely flawed evidence, but won't give anybody else's theories the time of day because, you know, she's ALWAYS right. It's incredibly frustrating. After five books, in which she is often wrong and does extremely stupid things, she still hasn't learned her lesson. She's also a total bi-atch to Anatoly, jumping down his throat without provocation, ignoring him, etc. Their relationship wasn't fun in this book...it was painful.

On top of my issues with Sophie, I was also bugged by the general lack of any story. Most of the book revolves around Sophie talking to this person or that, about random nonsense before jumping to the wrong conclusions about everything, and completely missing the most obvious suspect. Then, the last page of the book finally introduces something interesting, but I'm so bugged by the previous 319 pages that I'm not sure I'll take the bait and read book six. This novel should have been about the storyline introduced at the end, but instead it was about NOTHING!! Seriously irritating.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress.

April 20, 2010 – Shelved