Tiana's Reviews > Just Human

Just Human by Kerry Heavens

did not like it
bookshelves: pathetic-shit, shouldnt-have-been-published, cant-be-fucked-finishing, piss-poor, 1-fucking-star

I've only read four chapters, and that's enough for me.

Not sure who this Kerry Heavens person is, but she is an absolutely horrible writer.

There was no depth to Just Human. There were clichés and stereotypes through all four chapters, I'd hate to imagine what the rest of the book is like. The writing is very poor, obnoxious and uneducated. The female lead was incredibly trite and dull as dirt, there was no characterisation whatsoever. The only thing I got from her character was that she was a senseless whore, that's about it. The dialogue was forced, unoriginal and extremely boring. But it was the distasteful sex scene that was completely unemotional, insignificant and ludicrous that really pushed my patience, and where I drew the line. I'm not wasting any more time on this book.

Books like this really frustrate me, because it is plainly obvious that the author is writing for superficial reasons and nothing more. If you want to take an idea that has been used countless times before (and not even a good one to begin with), if you want to write about characters that make the human population look ridiculous, if you want to create two lead characters that aren't inspirational but are actually derogatory, then be my guest, but you won't get any respect from me.

This is where I would spit on the book and happily watch it burn...if I wasn't reading off my laptop.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Human.

July 10, 2014 – Shelved