Hot Stuff Book Reviews's Reviews > More Than Music

More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs

bookshelves: contemporary, new-adult, music, english

Find more on the blog: https://hotstuffbookreviews.wordpress...

I received this book via Netgalley for an honest review.

I love “rock star’’ novels and when I saw this one on Netgalley I remember that I was very eager to read it. Now that it’s done, I’m very happy that I discovered this new series and this author.

I love rock music and I had a lot of fun getting every and all music references in this book. I enjoyed the characters’ little quirks when it comes to music and that made me like them immediately. The author managed well in creating lovable characters set in the music world.

The writing style seems pretty flawless to me. The author knows how to blend the descriptions with the dialogues without overusing either one. Maybe I’d have loved if the emotions would have been more played out, more showed to better feel for the main characters, but it’s just me being a sucker for raw and rough emotions.

The plot itself is well-built, some little things maybe dealt a little too fast or easily, but nothing that bored me or annoyed me all that much. The few twists thrown in there are interesting and kept me guessing.

The dynamic of the band is sweet and I loved it. In fact, I can’t wait to see more of it because I’d love to explore more of the two other guys. Though, I think the author downplayed a little too much the few bits of tension. Could have been great to read more about that, to see more. But I get why the author didn’t spend that much longer on it.

By now I’m sure you’re wondering why I’m not rating this book with 5 solid stars. The reason is quite simple. The romance is not fully explored to make me feel for the characters. I enjoyed it, but I’m missing that intensity I’d have loved to feel while reading. I enjoyed the romance, but not to the point of leaving a permanent mark in my heart.

That’s the only reason why I’m rating it 4 stars. ;)

I’m pretty sure that if you’re looking for a nice book featuring a band, you’d enjoy reading More Than Music. I can’t wait to know what you think about it.

What do you think of Jared? Will you read the other books featuring the other band members?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Than Music.

Finished Reading