Laura Thomas's Reviews > The Golden Apple of Discord

The Golden Apple of Discord by Lauren Hodge

How could I resist a story starring four sisters, and they’re witches. At least, in the beginning they all are. Then Taralie gets kidnapped and turned by some vampires with their own agenda.

When the sisters turn to The Twelve, the decision makers for the Milunfran, its ordered that they kill Taralie. Being halfings, the purebloods don’t much care for them and this comes as no surprise. This is the thanks they get after banishing all sorts of evil beings, protecting humans from evil.

The sisters have no intention of killing Tara, so they go into hiding. With the Milunfran and the vampires after them, they find some unlikely allies in a group of vampires also in hiding.

The halflings have been dropped right in the middle of the vampires long raging civil war.

It became quite interesting when the vampires joined the sisters. I knew something big would have to happen for the alliance to work. Something huge happened and it bumped up my excitement. I also knew there was going to be some romantic entanglements and I was right. Throw some funny, kick butt witches and some sexy, alpha vampires together, and there’s bound to be powerful attractions. I caught myself trying to play matchmaker.

Besides great characters, the author wrote some lively dialogue, sprinkling humor here and there. She also built a complex world and added lots of suspense and dangerous situations for her characters.

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next, in Abomination.

I received this book for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden Apple of Discord.

Started Reading