Brooke's Reviews > Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Love. Love. Lovelovelove.

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was one of those books I started and had crazy high expectations for. I was not disappointed.

There's nothing better than a love story that leaves you feeling as though you could quite comfortably lie there in your bed and hug the book and feel complete. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face when I finished reading. I wanted more!

Both Amy and Roger were characters that had so many layers, and it was truly my pleasure to read page after page and see each one reveal itself. They were both scarred, deeply at that, and the way they helped each other move on and up in life made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. My head was screaming 'Kiss! Kiss!' so often throughout the book, and I got all giggly whenever they got close (I know, I'm sounding like a schoolgirl here, but hey. Cut a girl some slack!). The way they bantered as they became more and more comfortable around each other was adorable.

I loved the way Morgan Matson wrote the playlists into the story - it was really awesome to get a feel for the music and mood throughout the roadtrip. And the photo's and comments and sidenotes. Just, everything.

All I know is right now I have a hankering to go on a Roadtrip.

Care to join me, anyone?

Oh, and if you know any "Roger"'s, please don't hesitate to invite him, too. I am single, after all ;o)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour.

Quotes Brooke Liked

Morgan Matson
“Saying good-bye is basically an invitation not to see a person again. It's making it okay for that to be the last conversation you have. So if you don't say it--if you leave the conversation open--it means you'll have to see them again." ~Roger Sullivan”

Morgan Matson
“And sometimes,” she added, in slightly hushed tones, like she was letting me in on a secret, “if you don’t feel great on the inside, just look great on the outside, and after a while you won’t be able to tell the difference.” (Bronwyn)”

Morgan Matson
“Tomorrow will be better.”
“But what if it’s not?” I asked.
“Then you say it again tomorrow. Because it might be. You never know, right? At some point, tomorrow will be better.”

Morgan Matson
“It’s not about the destination. It’s getting there that’s the good part.
- Leonard”

Morgan Matson
“Roger, he has a chain saw," I hissed. "I am not going to die in Kentucky!”

April 18, 2010 – Shelved
September 9, 2010 – Shelved as: i-own-a-copy
September 25, 2010 – Started Reading
September 25, 2010 –
page 24
6.98% "I think I'm gonna like this one :o)"
September 29, 2010 –
page 212
61.63% "<3"
September 30, 2010 –
page 281
81.69% "Blubbering mess. This book is definitely topping my list of favorites. Awh. So beautiful! Amazing characters... I must finish!"
September 30, 2010 – Finished Reading
January 27, 2011 – Shelved as: favourites
August 31, 2011 – Shelved as: swoon-worthy-males
August 31, 2011 – Shelved as: roadtrips
August 31, 2011 – Shelved as: tugged-the-heartstrings
August 31, 2011 – Shelved as: lovey-mushy-stuff
August 31, 2011 – Shelved as: realistic-fiction
September 29, 2011 – Shelved as: cover-love

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

~Tina~ Yay's!! So glad you loved this one. Such a awesome book!
I can't wait to see what Morgan Matson comes up with next:)

Brooke I know, it was great! I thought I did a review on it when I finished but I hadn't, so I thought it was well and truly time I did one! :o)

~Tina~ It makes me want to read it all over again:D

Brooke Aw, yay! I've been feeling a bit like that lately too.

Jessica Ooh, another great review! :)
And to answer your question: I'm looking for flights to Australia so I can join you on your road trip ;)

Brooke Hehe thanks! :oP

Ooh yay :D You can totally come to Brisbane and then we (and any other keen Aussies) can write an epic story with photos and all that other awesome stuff. Y'know, while we Roadtrip round Aus. :oP

Arlene I'll join your road trip! LOL Great review Brooke. I felt the exact same way. Glad you loved it. :D

message 8: by a (new)

a Oh, gosh. I had only vaguely heard about this, but now I really want to read it. I love roadtrip fiction more than anything.

Brooke Awesome Arlene :D haha.

Andrea I'd definitely suggest getting a copy of it. This book and Anna and the French Kiss were probably my favourite reads of 2010 :o)

Milly Thanks for the review Brooke! You've inspired me to get on with it and get this book! Nice review!

Lindsey I totally hugged the book when I was done... I just had to comment on the fact that you said that.