Jennifer Oberth's Reviews > Tides Inn - A British Pub Mystery Novelette

Tides Inn - A British Pub Mystery Novelette by Bill Wilke

Recommended for: Mystery readers

I love Agatha Christie and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I adored the setting - a cozy British pub containing suspects and murder victim by a roaring fire - perfect! I like the characters, too. I would have liked the POV to be a bit closer, to give us a little more insight, but on the other hand, I liked the omniscient POV, too. I haven't read a POV like that in a long time and I sure miss it - but the sacrifice is that tighter...closeness I'm now so used to.

I recommend this short story to anyone who likes mysteries, especially cozy, British mysteries.

(As usual in my reviews, I'm going to mention the technical aspects of the writing. I'm a very picky reader. There were punctuation errors throughout. It didn't mar my enjoyment too much but they were there.

Also, the short story is currently $1.99 and listed as 11,880 words but the mystery is only about 65% of that. On my Nook Simple Touch, with my settings, the mystery ended on page 25 out of 38. The rest of the pages are about the author and samplings of his other books which is a great bonus.)

Check the book out for yourselves!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tides Inn - A British Pub Mystery Novelette.

July 7, 2014 – Started Reading