Mike's Reviews > Fool's Fate

Fool's Fate by Robin Hobb

Apr 17, 2010

bookshelves: savitski-recommends, favorites, kindle-books, own-it, fiction-fantasy
Read from January 19 to February 23, 2012

6 books later, I'm left practically speechless at the end of it all. I know I mention it in practically every review for the previous Tawny Man (and Farseer) books, but it's still true: Hobb has crafted some of the best characters to be put down on paper.

And now it's all come to an end. Each character has found their end, or their final journey, and life moves forward as it should. In the end, the main character truly got what he wanted: contentment. Fitz's story was a tragic and difficult one, but he endured it and came out better for it.

I absolutely loved both series, and truly felt the conclusion was worth of the characters. I'll be adding both trilogies to the list of books I hope to add to my personal shelf someday. They definitely deserve a second read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fool's Fate.

01/26/2012 page 20
02/10/2012 page 56
9.0% "Just finished Chapter 3, but Hobb's ability to write great characters is already incredibly evident."
02/20/2012 page 533
84.0% "In the home stretch. I'm not sure I want it to end; it's that good. I'm going to miss these characters."
02/23/2012 page 631