Monica Cardoza's Reviews > Knock Out

Knock Out by Mallery Malone

U 50x66

“Only three things that boy’s ever been afraid of, Duparte said. “One, not being able to protect his mother. Two, that he’s just like his father. And three, that he’ll never be good enough for you.”

Oh my goodness I can’t believe I have waited this long to read this book by Ms. Malone. This book was amazing and I didn’t want for it to end, I wanted for it to have an extra long epilogue. This is a book that is a must read then read again then maybe again.

Hard Knocks Gym that’s where everything started for Sebastian “ Bourbon Street Brawler” Delacroix and Renata Maria Giordano a place that connected them until one fateful day when Sebastian broke Renata’s heart. I know that was awful but sometimes things aren’t always how they seem.

Armand Duparte was the owner of Hard Knocks Gym and he had the pleasure of seeing Sebastian before anyone else since he moved back to New Orleans. He was the man that was there for not only Sebastian but also for the other two “Lost Boys”. Armand was the father that Sebastian didn’t have but at the end of the day Sebastian was going to need to hear his words in order to get the woman that he loved.

Renata was an amazing woman and a champion boxer. She had an interesting life. When she first entered Hard Knocks Gym she had to prove to the young men there that she belonged that just because she was a woman that she could throw a mean punch. The person that came to her rescue was Sebastian and from that moment forward they were attached at the hip.

Renata and her family moved to Las Vegas to further her career and boy did she. Then the unthinkable happens her father passed away and she leaned on the man that was there for her. She ended up getting engaged to him but something didn’t sit well with her, she could not put a date on her wedding. Renata finally decided she was not going to marry him and he gave her hell.

Now she is back in New Orleans and back in Hard Knocks Gym and Sebastian again is there to help her. He has given her the possibly to win the title belt but he also is crazy because he thinks that she is going to move in with him. Well just maybe she does move in with him but she has to in order to take advantage of his personal gym. Hmm I wonder what else she can take advantage of.

That’s when everything starts; the passion between them is unraveled. That’s when she learns the reason why he let her go. His story is told and I wanted to reach out and comfort him. I fell in love with Sebastian because even though he was a pain in the behind, he was a protector; he had a heart of gold.

Knock Out was an exceptional read that I fell in love with. This story was beautifully written the words flowed so smoothly and as I said early I hated that it ended so quickly. The characters in this story were well developed and oh what characters. Not only were the main characters memorable but so were the other two Lost Boys, Raphael Jerroult and Gabriel Devereaux. I know for sure I want to know the bad boy Gabriel and his method of pushing away the demons. I want to know his story. Ms. Malone’s writing style is smooth, it’s clear and I love how it flows so easily. I love when I can get lost in a story and before I know it the happily ever after happens and I’m ecstatic. The emotions that I felt in this story were sadness, happiness, anger but most of all I felt the amount of love that they had for each other. The chemistry that Sebastian and Renata had for each other was over the top, it was electrifying.

This is a must read story, so pick it up today and enjoy. I can’t wait for the next installment in this series, Power Play.

Received ARC in exchange for an Honest Review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knock Out.

Started Reading