Bex 'n' Books's Reviews > Angels Dawn

Angels Dawn by Komali da Silva

Reviewed by Heather for Bex 'n' Books

I was gifted this ARC in exchange for an honest review for the Bex ‘n’ Books blog. Like all books that I read for the purpose of a review I went into it blind. I did not read a synopsis or anything other than the title. I like the unknown and surprise of what I may find. The only thing I did know about this book was that it was more of a YA novel.

I fell in LOVE with this book! The book was SO well written that I felt transported to a different place. It was fantastic, its hard to find books that do such a great job of mental escape!

Dawn turns 16 and her life is changed forever. She runs through such a gambit of emotions and life choices in that one year that most people go through MAYBE in a lifetime. Friendship, young love, heart break, hatred, betrayal, angst, malice…the reader is rung through such an emotional rollercoaster I wanted to take a nap when it was over!

The paranormal element was unexpected and while I am a bit “overdone” in the paranormal department I found it rather enjoyable and fitting to the overall story line. I appreciated that the author dubbed this a YA book and KEPT IT a YA book which is rarer and rarer to find these days. I would have no problem recommending this book to a teenager or a friend with teenagers.

I do hope there is a sequel as the reader was left with a lot of questions and there opportunity is definitely there to expand the storyline.

Great read I would give it a solid 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels Dawn.

July 7, 2014 – Shelved