Cindy's Reviews > Invincible

Invincible by C.A. Gray

U 50x66

Gray has done an admirable job of keeping up the suspense and creativity she generated in Book 1(Intangible) in Invincible. Book 2 finds Lily, Peter, Brock and Cole in Carlion, the magical city that Peter believed was a fairy tale only days before. Through the classes at Paladin High the kids learn more about their powers and the history of the Shadow Lord, the penumbra and the Great Deception that started the war. I liked the class in which the students become finches, and Peter’s discomfort when he discovers that Lily can read minds. It doesn’t take very long before the kids are back in the action. I admire the way this author handles the characterizations. Perhaps Gray is highlighting Peter while the Chosen One is really going to be somebody else?? The opening scenes with the Shadow Lord and Kane are intriguing and I find myself hoping that perhaps Kane will be the Chosen One after all. Lily, who has some extraordinary gifts can’t be overlooked as a candidate either. I’m looking forward to Book 3 to find out!! Great entertainment!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invincible.

Finished Reading