Gina's Reviews > Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

bookshelves: 2015-read, favorites

I love Dexter. So the 5 stars may be a bit biased. If I had to sit and think about the overall story and writing and everything else I'm not sure it would be a 5 star book. I feel like since I know the first season of the show so well I have all this extra story that the book could have used, but at the same time I enjoyed the short and sweet to the point aspect of the book. Overall I really enjoyed reading this and almost finished it in one sitting. I'm very interested to see where the series goes since the show only follows book one, I have no idea what to expect.

I did enjoy the end of this book, which is quite different from the show. (view spoiler)

If you're a fan of the show and on the edge of picking this up, just know that there was a lot they added to bulk the show up to get 13 episodes. Since this is only a 288 page book there aren't aspects from the show that I was expecting but it was still a good read. Again, I'm excited to see where it goes from here and very excited to get into an entirely new Dexter world!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkly Dreaming Dexter.

July 6, 2014 – Shelved
July 6, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
July 24, 2015 – Started Reading
July 26, 2015 –
page 20
6.94% "#tbrtakedown book 1, time to finally hunker down and read!"
page 46
15.97% "finally reading for #TBRTakedown"
page 125
43.4% "hehehe :)"
page 210
72.92% "was planning to finish this today but, sleep may take over."
July 29, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-read