Desperado's Reviews > Archangel's Kiss

Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh

My Thoughts:

This novel was way better than the first if that's possible, as Angels' Blood was amazing. Euphoric even. This series is a breath of fresh air in the monotony that is the PNR genre. This new addition doesn't disappoint either. I loved the raw chemistry between Elena & Raphael. I love how their relationship evolved. Evolved is a word used alot in this novel & describes it perfectly. Almost everyone evolved in some way, revealing parts of themselves the reader never knew & becoming more than what they were before. I especially enjoyed learning more about the Seven. They all have unique personalities & their loyalty to Raphael is both heartwarming & disturbing. I have developed a soft spot for Venom & Illium. There were a few different subplots that, while they didn't all end as I would've liked or suspected, were notheless tied up to my satisfaction. I only have two complaints. One, I wish Singh went more in-depth about Lijuan & her powers & motives. Second, that the confrontation between Elena & her nightmare hadn't ended so quickly. I feel like there was way too much buildup leading to that moment for it the outcome to be so abrupt. In fact, I kind of feel that way about the big battle at the end too. Overall, I loved Archangel's Kiss & I am looking forward to taging along for Elena & Raphael's romantic journey in the upcoming novels. I also am interested in what will become of Michaela now that we know she wasn't left entirely unscathed by Uram's descent into bloodlust.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Kiss.

April 15, 2010 – Shelved
April 15, 2010 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
May 13, 2010 – Started Reading
May 14, 2010 –
page 42
13.0% "Oh God, I love Raphael. I want to know how the sex Raphael wants with Elena could hurt her. It would probably be the best pain ever."
May 15, 2010 –
page 206
63.78% "Raphael & Elena finally had "the sex". I feel myself being afraid for Elena the closer she comes to meeting Lijuan aka Psycho Kitty Angel."
May 15, 2010 –
page 323
100.0% ""Blades & sheaths go together. And your sheath will only ever hold my blade." Jesus."
May 15, 2010 – Finished Reading
May 20, 2010 – Shelved as: 5-and-4-star-ratings
May 30, 2010 – Shelved as: rrrc-monthly-reads
July 12, 2010 – Shelved as: reviews
December 13, 2010 – Shelved as: favorite-reads-of-2010

Vered Good! I have it at the top of my pile. Soooon...

Vered Good! I have it at the top of my pile. Soooon...

Desperado Yay!!! Then you can lust about the Angel's with me & NU!

message 4: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Glad u like that. This is my fave. More better than Angel's Blood

Vered I plan on doing a lot of lusting :)

Desperado LOL. You go with your bad self.

Vered I try to, always. ;)

new_user I love how much we learned about the Seven in here too. (And of course, all the awesome scenes between Raphael and Elena.)

MelissaB Love this series! I can't wait for the next one. Nice review LL.

Desperado Thanks, MelissaB! I love this series also! I'm actually rereading Archangel's Kiss right now in anticipation of Archangel's Consort. Good times.

message 11: by AH (new) - added it

AH Thank you Lethal for making me want to start another series.

Desperado Um...you're welcome? Please don't hurt me.

message 13: by AH (new) - added it

AH I can't hurt you. I'm buried beneath Mount TBR. Help!

Desperado *Lethal pulls AH out* Step into the light! See? See? You made it back just in time to watch Vampire Diaries!

message 15: by AH (new) - added it

AH Oh yes, Vampire Diaries is on tonight. Are we starting a thread for tonight's episode?

new_user Oh, geez, I'm so behind. If you guys start a thread, I'll catch up!

message 17: by Desperado (last edited Dec 09, 2010 10:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Desperado I watched it earlier. Wasn't all that good IMO. Is it just me or does Damon look weird as hell when he's mad? All bug eyed?

new_user LOL! He does that a lot. Along with the brows and the head bobbing and finger twirling. If I didn't know better, I'd say he played for the other team, LOL. But I think he plays it up for the teen girls, LOL.

Desperado LOL! He MIGHT play for the dudes, though. The first time I saw Ian Somerhalder, he played a gay guy in The Rules of Attraction. He jerked off under a pillow...God I wanted to be that pillow.

new_user LOL! Mmm, me too. I think he's going with the girl who plays Elena, no?

message 21: by AH (new) - added it

AH new_user wrote: "LOL! Mmm, me too. I think he's going with the girl who plays Elena, no?"

Is he really? Cool?

I am liking the Caroline/Tyler story line. Damon is really cracking me up with his bug eyes, etc.

Elijah creeped me out.

Desperado I didn't know that, NU! Stupid Elena. I hate her. =(

AH, I'm like this Caroline/Tyler loving as well. It's so...sweet. I'm amazed I'm actually using that word to describe it, since Caro is such a freaking air head & Tyler is...well Tyler. But I like it!

message 23: by AH (new) - added it

AH Oh, and Bonnie is an idiot. I really do not like her character at all.

message 24: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina LethalLovely~Punch the Bitch You Hate Today! wrote: "I didn't know that, NU! Stupid Elena. I hate her. =("

I saw this comment on my Home Page and had to come over and defend my girlfriend Elena - because I thought you were talking about the Elena from this book. Then, I realized you were talking about that Elena from Vampire Diaries and I have nothing to say now - except, I agree with you!

new_user LOL, Dina! Quite all right!

Aha! So Tyler and Caroline do get together! I knew it! I will be interested to see them. I think they do make a good couple. I warmed up to Tyler like I warmed up to Caroline, LOL.

message 26: by AH (new) - added it

AH Have you watched the past few episodes, NU?

In this episode Stefan took off his shirt for a millisecond.

new_user I have not. I will start downloading, LOL.

message 28: by AH (new) - added it

AH Next week, the CW is doing a Vampire Diaries marathon every night at 8PM - so if you get the CW you may not need to download.

new_user Oh, really? Maybe I'll just watch then. That sounds much easier, LOL.

MelissaB Ahhhh haven't watched this one yet but can't stop reading your comments!

Desperado You're not missing out on much, MelissaB. And no NU, Tyler & Caro didn't get together-yet. I'm still hoping for some wolf-boy/vampy action. It's better than watching Damon constantly get rejected by that bitch, Elena.

LMAO @ Dina!

Catherine Great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one too. I can't wait for the third book to come out in January!