Melissa's Reviews > Frigid

Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Jul 02, 2014

bookshelves: books-i-own

Review can also be found on my blog: http://melissa-reads-books.blogspot.b...

Since I read the Lux series I am COMPLETELY obsessed with JLA’s books! I also read Wait For You, so I was overexcited when my best friend gave me this book for my birthday!
I really liked this book! Sydney is such a likeable character. I recognized myself a lot in her and I think that’s why I could relate so much. In the beginning of the books, she is very insecure about herself and love life. And she really made a very impressive progress through the book. Yes, she didn’t get rid of all insecurities, but that’s okay. Because having insecurities is okay.

“If I fall and break my neck, will you say something nice at my funeral?"
"Like 'Kyler was usually more graceful?”

This brings me to Mr. Hotness aka Kyle! I don’t know how JLA does it, but every single time she manages to make me fall in love with the guy in her books. I just can’t help myself :D He’s extremely hot, funny and super sweet. Yes, he’s kind of player in the beginning, but I liked the fact that he’s always been different with Syd. Because those two together was just perfect!

“Now about these jeans…” “What about them?” He winked, and damn if he didn't look good doing it. “They’ve got to go.”

The romance side of the story was amazing. Not rushed and beautifully written. It’s only the little mysterious part about the book that bothered me a little. I’m not saying it was bad, but in my opinion, it didn’t really fit into the story. That’s why I gave it four stars. If it wasn’t for that mystery part, this book would totally deserve 5 stars and be one of my favs.

“You’re weird.” “I know.” I lifted my head so my chin rested on his chest. “But you love me?” His lips tipped up at the corners. “I love you as much as a kid loves Santa.” I laughed. “That’s serious.” “Hardcore,” he murmured.”

The thing that really annoyed me was the word “frigid”. JLA used it a little too much in the book. I like it when the title of the book appears, but please not more than 10 times! The meaning of the title was a little lost because of that. (view spoiler) But really, I’m probably the only one who got annoyed by that word, so it’s really not a big deal ;)

“Sometimes words weren’t enough— they couldn’t cover the feeling. This was one of those times. So I closed the distance and kissed her, putting everything I felt for her, every promise I made her, into that one kiss.”

So overall, I liked this book a lot. The ending was perfect.
There’s a beautiful romance between a super sweet girl and a swoon-worthy guy and awesome minor-characters (I loved Andrea and Tanner!!). What do you need more, right?

OH! And I’m SO excited for the sequel about Andrea and Tanner!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frigid.

Quotes Melissa Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“How much snow are they calling for?” “Somewhere between a lot and holy fuck.”

J. Lynn
“If I fall and break my neck, will you say something nice at my funeral?"

"Like 'Kyler was usually more graceful?”
J. Lynn, Frigid