Liz's Reviews > Sins of the Father

Sins of the Father by Andrea Randall

Where do I begin with this thought provoking, laugh out loud, amazing book? I just finished Jesus Freaks and all I can say is that I can not wait to see what happens next. I found myself attached to Kennedy and her hilarious and supportive mother from the first page. Kennedy is a person you root for and hope she finds what she is looking for on her journey of finding herself and where she fits in. As for the title, it's not a religious book. If it was, I would not be the one doing this review. Instead it is about a college freshmen going to a uber Christian college and the differences between the extreme "Jesus Freaks" and what others may consider more tame. I'm on the low end of the spectrum so I found myself laughing with Kennedy's mother Wendy. She was firm to what she believed but tried to reign in her judgement for her daughter to discover who she was. Going through her first semester at college and doubting herself to becoming who she is now was a fabulous ride that Andrea Randall takes us on. The words she chooses and the analogies are so catchy anyone should read this book. Religious or not. Do it. Buy it now. You know you want to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sins of the Father.

July 2, 2014 – Shelved