WordBite's Reviews > The Thorough Check

The Thorough Check by Vadassery Thaiparambil Rakesh

I must say, I was clueless about this book and its cover wasn’t giving me a hint about what exactly is this book about. With this thinking I started reading the book. Like a train which starts slowly and with a little time it picks up its speed was this story too. And once this story picked up the speed, I didn’t look back. What a gripping read this was? The lead character of this story is an undercover policeman working under the State Police of Kerala. He is sent to the state of Gujarat for a tough assignment to find what the answer to all those mysterious activities which was detected in the coast of Kerala and which has some links to the Gujarat. The rest of the story is about the lead character’s quest in uncovering the possible conspiracy by the evils to save the country from them with some high octane action. Will he be able to save the country from the terrorist activities? What will happen when the terrorists get to know about the person who is stopping them?

The story is surely paced in a right way. The character sketching was done perfectly by the author. I could feel the way the characters did. The dramatization was excellent and so was the way the author described the starting chapters. Being a Keralite helped me feel the way the character has spoken about the typical way a Malayali behaves; the Malayalam dialogues were very funny, though proper translations have been provided. There are some creatively written sentences in the book which will sweep you off your feet. A slight importance should have been given by the author in the way the narration goes. The way the protagonist thinks about the way the minorities are treated was very touching. This was the best part of the story. And it surely questions us, the Indians to ask ourselves, “Are we really secular?” Finally I like to say that this is a very unique and beautiful story, filled with some great suspense and some very beautiful emotions.

visit us: www.wordbite.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thorough Check.

Finished Reading