Donna McBroom-Theriot's Reviews > Here for the Cake

Here for the Cake by Emily Poule

HERE FOR THE CAKE is a book that has every emotion in it and on almost every page! It was well-written and entertaining. I can't remember when I've been so entertained with one book. The book begins with a simple plot and then takes off in a romantic comedy that leaves the reader laughing and crying and cheering the characters on with every page. HERE FOR THE CAKE boasts an unpredictable plot and I loved that!

You have three friends who have made it their life's ambition - at least for a weekend - to save a friend from making the biggest mistake of his life. What happens is a week in a tropical paradise spent running from love, to love, and around love! I absolutely loved Salma and Josie and who wouldn't love to have them as best friends.

The characters are funny and outspoken - which I adored. One of the funniest adventures of the week was a scavenger hunt to find the bride, an adventure that brings out the worst and the best in all of the characters as well as a whole lot of truth. This is a great beach read or a Sunday afternoon on the swing read. I would love to see this book made into a movie.

Readers are guaranteed to laugh and cry in a matter of moments. i am giving HERE FOR THE CAKE five plus stars.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here for the Cake.

Started Reading