DarienMoya's Reviews > Ashes of Midnight

Apr 12, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-reads
Read from July 27 to August 03, 2010

^^ BURN BABY BURN!^^

Another wonderful instalment in the Breed series, and I don’t know, I am liking them way better now. I find it that the series is starting to shine on its own now. The similarities to other vampire books is becoming less and less, and the action more spine tingling. I am talking hairless brooding vamps, with sex appeal that can warm the coldest winter. Plus the friendships are deeper, and the love oh so much stronger.

Andreas Reichen, he was a constant character through previous books and he finally got his own book. His life is met with a harsh reality, when one of his closest friends is used in the destruction of his family. This is the horrific conclusion, to a case that Andreas was helping the Breed with, and somehow they found out and decided to punish him in the cruellest of ways. Andreas knows who is behind the murder of his family and he is hell bent on revenge even if it means the end of him. He begins his slaughter by tapping into his breed power, which is fire and turning those involved in the murder to a bloody crisp. When everyone presumes you dead, why not go on a killing spree.

Clair Roth aka bitch face is the love of Andreas life, not deserved I tell you. She is married to his enemy and the vampire behind the murder of his family. She doubts him through out the book, and at times seemed to be purely thinking about herself. She does realize the truth, and that she has been married to a madman for over thirty plus years. Yet for all that time she has loved Andreas and now, even though the circumstances suck, destiny has brought them together again.

Andreas and Clair are caught in a war with the breed warriors, and they might not come out alive. Something sinister is developing in the vampire race, something that doesn’t bode well for the vampires everywhere. Through out all this, Andreas fights to hold on to his very soul, and the first signs of bloodlust. With each fire ball he fires the closer it pulls him to destruction.

I really liked this book, a little slow in the beginning but it picks up speed in no time. I love when you get to see all the old characters, and they play a significant role in this book. Tegan comes out to play, and man oh man I wanna play with him. I can say that Adrian is the only author I have seen write characters of different race in a PNR. Clair from what I gather is mixed with black and white, plus Brock is a black vampire, can’t tell the last time I have come across that. That alone is one of the reasons why this series shines. The characters are diverse, the plot is thick with action and curves, and the sex is explosive, the blood sharing is just…… feckin hot. This book was a hit, and I am dying to get a piece of Hunter, he needs his own book and fast. I wanna eat him, a freaking wicked read.

No idea who the Breed warriors are, check out the first book Kiss of Midnight.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashes of Midnight.

07/28/2010 page 13
07/29/2010 page 58
16.0% "Bloody hell, Andreas is super pissed. I likeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!" 2 comments
07/29/2010 page 79
21.0% "Mmmmm Oh Yes, he is still killing vampires. Great ball of fire."
07/30/2010 page 105
29.0% "Oh no he didn't, oh yes he bloody did." 1 comment
07/31/2010 page 131
36.0% "I am liking this book, but no fuckin time to read." 2 comments
08/01/2010 page 160
43.0% "Hunter, you very bad vampire. Chase I want to read your book and you should hook up with a guy, I'm just sayin." 10 comments
08/01/2010 page 202
55.0% "Hunter I wanna get to know you, you being all big and hairless, yummo. Chase seriously I really need you naked with a guy, that woud kill me, in a very good way." 6 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Yaaay! Your finally gonna read it? You go girl!!! hahahaha....

DarienMoya LOL, yep finally getting to it.

message 3: by Losa (new)

Losa K Hey huni! How are you finding the book? I luv this series too! I just finished reading the one with Brock..forgot what its called..lol..Hope your enjoying it! I luv Lucan! Hes so hot!

DarienMoya Lucan was pretty awesome until Tegan Gawd. Rio is pretty feckin wicked tooo.

This book is moving quite well, Andreas is super pissed,lol.

message 5: by Losa (new)

Losa K lmao..Yes! Give me Lucan & Tegan! The last book I read of this series was not the one with Brock..It was with Kade! Hes hot too!

Arzu I love this series. Can't wait to read Chase's book, but it hasn't been published yet. February 2011 it says, but first Brock's book will be published in September 2010.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I love the Midnight Breeds series!

DarienMoya yep the series is pretty awesome.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Darn it! Darien after reading your review, I'm getting a sketchy itch too wanna read Tegan's book all over again! Lol! Uuuuggghh! I'm such a whore! lmao! But he is soooo damn hot!

DarienMoya LOL, Elena!

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R DarienMoya wrote: "LOL, Elena!"

MmmmmmHmmm.....I just gave you a black flash thinking about Tegan, I'll keep it a secret if you re-read his book too! hahahaha....Lmao!

DarienMoya I am always thinking about Tegan, but now I am all about Hunter, want him naked.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R DarienMoya wrote: "I am always thinking about Tegan, but now I am all about Hunter, want him naked."

Lmao! hahaha...Well don't we want all of them naked? LOLZ! OH Gosh I know Hunter *Licking My lips* hahaha...I'm ready to take in his story! too bad the next book is Kade's story. You haven't read that one yet right?

DarienMoya nope no Kade, who knows when I will finally read it. Not like you and finishing all the books in the series in one go,lol.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R DarienMoya wrote: "nope no Kade, who knows when I will finally read it. Not like you and finishing all the books in the series in one go,lol."

LOL! You're making fun of me again,LOLZ!Yeah I remember the last time you called me "Speedy Gonzalez" hahaha..I'm trying my hardest too slow my role,I haven't read a series & finished all the books one after the other within the past week,LOL! I got issues, but that shit bugs me, I wonder if that can be considered as an OCD, Lmao!

DarienMoya LMAO "Speedy Gonzalez".

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R DarienMoya wrote: "LMAO "Speedy Gonzalez"."

Lmao! Yes You hit me point blank with that name,cause I am Spanish,hahahaha.....& I use too like his ass when I was a kid.Too bad I'm not a Gonzalez cause that could have Been my nickname,lol!

Buggy Ooh I liked this one too, Andreas is freakin awesome, fantastic ending, Hunter!!!

DarienMoya I'd like to wear Hunter like a robe, a hot sexy smooth robe.

Buggy Mmmmmmmm