Sarah's Reviews > Spring Fever

Spring Fever by Mary Kay Andrews

liked it

I am not quite sure what I thought. As some of my other reviews note, I enjoy love stories. But lately, I keep picking up ones where the conflict is so contrived that I just can't feel any sympathy for the characters.
What I don't understand is what was going on in the five years that Annajane and Mason were split up. Five years...is a long freakin' time!!!
I find it very hard to believe that anyone could stand working in the same office, pining over someone for five long years. And then actually attend the wedding of the other party.
I also want to know what either of them were doing in the office during that time since it would seem neither really had any very good ideas about how to keep their beloved Quixie current and profitable. We heard about all this value and work that Annajane brought to the table but other than some major brainstorming sessions with some rather obvious ideas, we never really were given much more information. However, maybe that wasn't the point and I just happened to be interested in that sort of thing.
I also find it annoying in stories where you basically know what's going to happen but still need to go through so very much back story. I would have enjoyed more interesting flashbacks and more evidence of the relationship falling apart. I mean jeesh, if I pulled that crap on my husband because he missed an event, I'd be divorced ten times over - stuff happens. Get over it.
In any event, there were some fun characters to root for and others to despise. A decent summer read for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spring Fever.

Started Reading