Tom Hooker's Reviews > 23 Minutes In Hell: One Man's Story About What He Saw, Heard, and Felt in That Place of Torment

23 Minutes In Hell by Bill Wiese

M 50x66

did not like it

The author purports to have had a vison from God in which he is sent to Hell for 23 minutes. The purpose, he says, is so he can tell lost people what's in store for them, and to persuade them to accept salvation from Christ. As a Christian, I don't buy it. In the Gospel of Luke, Jesus tells a story (Luke 16:19-31) of a foolish rich man who dies and is sent to Hell. He first asks Abraham (who is looking on from Heaven) for a drop of water, and Abraham refuses. He then asks the following (vv. 27-31 from the above reference):

27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

My interpretation from God's Word (which takes precedence over everything else) is that God would not choose to send a messenger to warn the lost about Hell. God's Word contains all they need to know to reject Hell and accept salvation. The existence of a messenger would do no good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 23 Minutes In Hell.

April 12, 2010 – Started Reading
April 12, 2010 – Shelved
April 17, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Scott Gee it must be nice to be able to THINK that you can tell God what he would and would not do.

message 2: by Everisto (new)

Everisto These are definately the last days as the bible says therefore God said He will pour out His spirit and our sons and daughters will profesy and will dream. So I think if the spirit is here so it's the gift of seeing visions like this 28 minutes in hell is saying.
I just thank the author for a wake up call, some people don't believe there is hell. But at least they have an insight of things to come