Sheridan's Reviews > Love Letters from the Edge: Meditations for Those Struggling with Brokenness, Trauma, and the Pain of Life

Love Letters from the Edge by Shelly Beach

bookshelves: giveaway-wins

Check out my full review at http://iturnthepages.blogspot.com/201...

I am going to mark this as a read novel, even though I am not completely finished with it, and I will explain why.

This book is NOT a story. This book is advise for REAL people going through REAL problems, that should never have to exist in the world.

Receiving this from a Goodreads Giveaway, I don't believe I was the right person to receive this book. This book should have gone to someone who really could have used it in their life, as I know a lot of people are hurting a lot more than I am.

I was really interested in reading the book because I wanted to know what the "letters" actually were. It seemed interesting to me and I wanted to see how these tragic events are portrayed in the eyes of someone who has experienced them. I couldn't have been more surprised.

The letters are absolutely amazing, and the majority of the ones I have read so far are structured in a way that the victim is asking God for His guidance, and His support, but also, often questioning His presence in their lives. The letters were written perfectly, and there was also a response after each letter to help the individual and plant hope back into their hearts.

After each letter was a prayer and "meditations" for an individual to perform who has been going through these tough times. Although I am not one of those individuals, I can really see how these can help a person who is.

That is why I am giving this book five stars - everything within can help to HEAL a person from the terrible events that have occurred. EVERYTHING, and I mean, EVERYTHING in this book is useful, to anyone who has gone through the unthinkable.

Thank you so much for writing this, and helping those people who have gone through the pain of life.

I was gifted a copy of this book through the Goodreads Giveaway promotion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Letters from the Edge.

June 29, 2014 – Shelved