Bret James Stewart's Reviews > Sixfold Fiction Winter 2013

Sixfold Fiction Winter 2013 by Sixfold

19232021

Wow! What a deal. Sixfold Fiction Winter 2013 was a free .pdf download. I expected it to be fairly hokey...boy, was I surprised. The cover art was nice, a public domain work or freebie, probably, but it was high quality and fit the work, somehow, a sort pensive sentimentality.

This magazine had a large collection of short stories by different authors. There seemed to be no overriding theme. Sometimes I like themed work by genre or author or whatever. At other times, like with this, I like the smorgasbord different authors and genres prepares for you. A little bite of this and a little dab of that makes for an interesting palette of a literary feast. The stories were very much a mixed bag, as one might expect with a non-themed zine. A couple were great, and I read them twice. Most were okay. A few I disliked, but that's okay. People like different things, so a story I might love, you might dislike.

This is a free 'zine. Get it. Read it. If you like short stories by up and coming authors, this is worth a look. Most of the stories are contemporary or nearly so. If you are up for the variety, Sixfold Fiction is a good investment of your time. I download the 'zine and read one story per night before I go to bed. This gives me something to look forward to as a reward after a long work day and gives me time to unwind before calling it a night. You, of course, may read it anytime you wish ;)

I rank this magazine 5 stars because it is free, quality work, and that is not the norm. It is refreshing to find a work that someone has created because they care about it. Even if I did not love every story, I found the overall work artistically pleasing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sixfold Fiction Winter 2013.

Finished Reading