Gigi's Reviews > Keep Swimming

Keep Swimming by Kade Boehme

liked it
bookshelves: mm-children, mm-contemporary

This was an enjoyable book, but I'm afraid I never 100% warmed up to MC Heath. And the ending was HFN, and just left me... Sad. I know there is a sequel, a story focusing on Kyle, and I'd imagine they'll be an update in there about these 3, Heath, MC Cary and his son Gus, but I'm just a little too sad to read that story right now. I went ahead and read the sequel. There wasn't much of Heath, Cary and Gus, but they did get their HEA.

Wish I could recommended this one with great confidence, but I just can't. After letting the story settle with me for a few days, I may update this review. The book was sweet, but the last 20% threw me way off course.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keep Swimming.

June 26, 2014 – Shelved
September 8, 2014 – Shelved as: queue-back-burner
March 4, 2015 – Started Reading
March 4, 2015 – Shelved as: quere-next-to-read
March 4, 2015 –
5.0% "Fuck, I just started and I already teared up at Manny still wanting Cary in his life. I'm gonna read the shit out of this book!!"
March 4, 2015 –
6.0% "Cary and Gus volunteer at a animal shelter once a week.\n \n Just kill me now."
March 4, 2015 –
40.0% "Ok, Heath's inner monologue needs to STFU. He's starting to grate on my nerves."
March 4, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Jewel I'm sorry this one didn't quite work for you. I hope your next read rocks your world :)

Mrsgeo Glad to see I wasn't the only reader who wasn't totally enamoured with this book.