Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)'s Reviews > Fires of Man

Fires of Man by Dan Levinson

I received this book from the author and Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock.
Fires of Man is the first book in the Psionic Earth series.
Calchis and Orion have been engaged in a deadly war for decades. Despite the relative peace that has been maintained for years both countries are still gearing up for war. Some humans possess a certain power, an internal gift known as Psion energy. This energy allows them abilities far greater than a normal human. Both sides have been using these people in the war. They take them from their home and life and turn them into deadly soldiers to be used. Aaron and Finn are such soldiers. Both are young men with this gift but find themselves on opposite sides of the war. Lines have been drawn and the war isn't over yet. Aaron and Finn must learn to rise up to survive or dead in this deadly affair where no prisoners are taken.
It was a thrilling beginning to this military scifi tale. The whole world was well crafted and you were immersed fully inside as soon as you read the first page. I enjoyed how the book was told from multiple points of view allowing the reader to see all sides of the story. Each character was unique and real facing everyday problems along with unique threats. Each character had their own quirks and perspectives. The story flowed along well. In the beginning it took a little while to sort out whose side who was on but it got easier as it went. I hated how the ending left you waiting for the next installment.
I recommend this for any scifi military fans out there. If you enjoyed Ender's Game you are sure to enjoy this novel.
I would rate this five fangs.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fires of Man.

June 25, 2014 – Started Reading