Laura's Reviews > The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet

The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su

6206650

it was ok

The book is a very interesting and engrossing companion novel to the "Lizzie Bennet Diaries." However, it does not hold up as a separate novel, independent of the web series (which the author purports to be an aim of the novel in the author's note). The writing comes off bit lazy---especially when there are whole script pages co-opted to fill in as scenes in the book. Often chapters start with odd, middle-of-the-scene beginnings because the real action is shown in the web series.
While I enjoyed the series, this book felt too disjointed as a stand alone novel. I enjoyed many of the little revelations that were not mentioned in the series, but were expanded upon in the book. Many of them felt inspired. Most TLBD fans will enjoy it for the additional insight to the series, but otherwise it's not worth your time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet.

June 24, 2014 – Started Reading
June 24, 2014 – Shelved
June 24, 2014 –
page 200
June 25, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
June 25, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Nair I have to agree.

bluerose This, exactly. As a stand-alone it’s pointless. It only works when paired with the web series