WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker's Reviews > Mistress Firebrand

Mistress Firebrand by Donna Thorland

bookshelves: 1700s, america, historical, series

This book and series is amazing if you're looking for high quality and quantity of historical facts and feel in your romance. This time period, 1776/American Revolutionary War, is sadly ignored right now, so it makes this series extra special.

The romance gets pushed to the side in favor of political dealings, the beginning is a little slow starting and the middle gets a bit meandering but the end finds itself as the historical and romance aspects finally find a happy marriage.

If you enjoy history and this time period at all, must read! Just be willing to have the scales tipped more towards the historical aspects.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistress Firebrand.

June 24, 2014 – Shelved
June 24, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
June 7, 2015 – Started Reading
June 16, 2015 –
June 16, 2015 –
74.0% "“But I love you, damn it.”\n “And I love you, Severin, but I have seen love up close now, and I will not settle for the kind that limits and diminishes me. You are capable of more than killing. I am capable of more than domestic devotion. I do not wish the kind of love that reduces over time who we each are. I want the kind that makes the whole of us greater than the sum of our parts.”"
June 17, 2015 – Shelved as: 1700s