Felicia's Reviews > Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!

Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels

Apr 08, 2010

bookshelves: food, health, nonfiction

This book was especially helpful to me since I have hypothyroidism. The list of foods to avoid and foods that may help my condition with explanations as to why was very helpful. I liked the in depth explanations of different hormones as someone who had no idea about how they really worked going into the book. I am torn between liking Jillian and hating that she is always selling products, but I think that this is a very good book with a lot of good information in it - information that is readily available in a bunch of other books, too. Her take on the poisons that effect us was definitely food for thought, though while I agree that trying to go organic and live more naturally would definitely be beneficial, a person would go crazy trying to completely cut out things that might be harmful. I think you should just do the best that you can, and make informed decisions for your family and be happy with them. There is no use in turning into a paranoid nut in an attempt to stay safe from potential harmful things in our environment because you simply cannot avoid everything, and there is not enough evidence at this point to determine how detrimental some of these possible hazards are.

"If it didn't grow from the earth or have a mother don't eat it!" Very good advice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master Your Metabolism.