Alicia Nordwell's Reviews > Let it Ride

Let it Ride by L.C. Chase

Jun 24, 2014

I read Let it Ride... and then let it ride. It's hard to write this review without spoiling the story. My first impressions of Bridge were of a big, affable cowboy whose everyone's friend on the surface. Under that, he has a great big heart that's set on Eric. Eric is cautious, and with his past, slow to trust.

Watching their dance play out as they go from the private 'I want him, does he want me?' moments to the end was great. At no time did I feel the author overdid the drama. Sure, there were some moments when I really wished the characters would just TALK, but by far, the emphasis on their conflict was on the emotional side of things, both the causes and effects, and how they could overcome them.

I really, really liked how the ending went most of all. Nothing was magically fixed, the big climactic conflict wasn't swept under the rug or tied off with a neat bow. We got a happily ever after (it's a romance, c'mon, we all know that's coming, so I know that's not a spoiler)that both let me sigh with a smile, and not feel like they were too idyllic or easily overcome.

Plus, you know... a hot cowboy and a medico. Two of my favorite things! LOL Definitely a recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let it Ride.

Finished Reading