Cheryl (Gwyneiira's Book Blog)'s Reviews > Undaunted

Undaunted by Charity Parkerson

bookshelves: favorites

description

The pace was pretty fast but that's okay with me as I didn't want a draggy story. You would think this is a cliche romance but things turned out completely different than what I had expected. There were a good amount of twists and turns to the story, making it interesting to read.

We also have a good amount of Alpha males and the steam was really good as well. Knox was all dark and broody, and I like that Mandy was the one that literally brought him to life and made him smile. It doesn't hurt that Knox is an alpha male, a dirty talker and have pierced nips while Mandy is one strong lady who is able to stand up for herself. Knox and Mandy are super adorable together and you can see that they are right for each other!

"You shouldn't provoke someone like me. I'm no one's gentle lover."

description

I was a little confused when I saw the M/M tag but then realised it was between 2 side characters in the book. I would love to see their story! They are adorable together! Most of the characters are likable and they had their own unique personalities. We get to see a fair amount of development in them as well. I like some of the lessons that were "taught" in this book as well :D

"Just tell us what you need and we're your men."

Ryan's teasing, upbeat personality kept her smiling and she immediately felt at ease. "Get naked and act natural," she said, somehow managing to keep a straight face.

I really enjoyed the writing style and the book. Definitely high recommended to those looking for something quick and hot yet not lacking in development, romance, humour and action.

"He is completely incapable of charming his way into anyone's life. He's socially inept. All he's ever done is exist. Then one day, he introduced me to this beautifully broken woman, and for the first ever, I witnessed a miracle. I saw him thrive. It was immediately apparent she didn't see the merciless man the rest of the world does when they look at Knox, and the way he watches her...It's almost enough to restore someone's faith. Not mine, of course, but truly what they have is a rare light in an otherwise ugly world."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undaunted.

June 24, 2014 – Started Reading
June 24, 2014 – Shelved
June 25, 2014 –
45.0% ""Just tell us what you need and we're your men."\n \n RYan's teasing, upbeat personality kept her smiling and she immediately felt at ease. "Get naked and act natural," she said, somehow managing to keep a straight face.\n \n Max groaned. "Great. Now there's two of them. Don't give him permission, Mandy. We'll never get his clothes back on.""
June 25, 2014 –
47.0% "Ryan cleared his throat. "Whoa," he muttered under his breath. "He's going to do such naughty things to you and I want details," he sang.\n \n I am enjoying this book <3"
June 25, 2014 –
50.0% "Oh my gosh I love Knox! He has his nipples pierced and is a dirty talker at that! /fans self.\n \n description"
June 25, 2014 –
61.0% ""Make me," she taunted, recklessly. A menacing chuckle fell from his lips as he lowered his head to the column of her throat. Chill bumps rose where his breath fanned across her neck when he spoke.\n \n "You shouldn't provoke someone like me. I'm no one's gentle lover."\n \n description"
June 25, 2014 – Finished Reading