Bess's Reviews > Praying God's Word: Breaking Free From Spiritual Strongholds

Praying God's Word by Beth Moore

bookshelves: christian-non-fiction

I first read this book several years ago and have picked it back up several times since then. The covers are worn as I've referred to it repeatedly since that first time. It's a great treatise on prayer and one I've picked up when I've been at a loss for what to pray. It's often reminded me that praying how and what we should is found in the first place we need always turn to, God's Word. More than any other book, God's Word should be our go to book for prayer like anything else. This book is a tremendous reminder of that truth more than anything else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Praying God's Word.

Finished Reading
April 8, 2010 – Shelved
June 4, 2019 – Shelved as: christian-non-fiction
June 12, 2019 –
page 0
June 25, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Bess (last edited Jun 04, 2019 05:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bess The book is for anyone who wants to deepen their prayer life thereby deepening their relationship with God. Come on guys, don't overlook it because it's written by a woman. Beth More is a gifted teacher and author who is greatly used by God to touch the lives of anyone who desires to have their life touched.
Most importantly this book helped changed my perspective on prayer and taught me one of the most important things I have needed to learn outside of what it means as well as how to have a personal relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ. The more time we spend with God, both in His Word and through prayer, the closer we are to Him, the greater impact He has in our lives. I am thankful to Beth Moore for writing this book but most of all I am thankful that God gave this sinner a way to Have a deep relationship with Him, teaching me the value of prayer and taking away any intimidation I have of approaching Him. Not because I am a good person but because He is a Good God. When I miss my prayer time, I miss more than just words spoken to a distant, far away God. I miss what I need more than anything else in this world. I miss Him. Yet, there He is for me, Despite my imperfections, there He is for me everyday of my life. This book opened my eyes to the value of prayer and it's simplicity yet it's needfulness. Thank you Beth Moore, but most of all, thank you God! We are so blessed in the United States to not only have God's Word available to use, something that nothing could ever take precedence over, but also the vast amount of tools, by that I mean books and other things written by gifted teachers to help us grow. I also trust God for wisdom as I use these tools because there re false prophets among us that God explicitly warns about. That's an example of how God used this book in my life. Several years ago I came across a passage in the first chapter in The Book of James that says "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let Him ask of God who gives to all men generously and without fault. But let Him ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea driven and tossed by the wind, let not that man expect that He will receive anything from God, being a double-minded mine, unstable in all his ways." (NAS 1977 version). I seek to pray going by what He has written to me about
, this being one of them. Of course I am far from perfect but my prayer life has dramatically deepened as a result of this book.