Melissa's Reviews > Opposition

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Jun 23, 2014

bookshelves: books-i-own, favorites

Review can also be found on my blog: http://melissa-reads-books.blogspot.b...

If you are reading this review, it could only be for two reasons:
1. You finished Opposition already and you want to read some reviews to see what other people liked about it.
2. You are going to start with Opposition, because you loved the previous 4 books and you want to prep yourself a bit.
In either way, I don’t need to convince you to read this awesome book. So, I’m going to skip that part, because you probably already know this is a must read. You just do.

“We were supposed to have tonight and tomorrow, and many weeks and months, but we didn’t have even another minute.”

This book, ladies and gentlemen, nearly killed me with an overdose of emotions. It’s more than a ‘good book’ to finish a damn good series. It's even more incredible than I ever could have imagined. Jennifer did an amazing job (again!) with this book. I’m going to miss everything about it. Soooooo much!

Katy and Daemon are definitely my all-time OTP. They are perfect together. They both have imperfections, but they complete each other as a whole. I’m very glad how the story turned out for them, because holy shit. They went through A LOT.

“What the hell, man?” Dawson exploded, hands flying up.
“I was on lever sixty-nine of Candy Crush, you bastard. Do you know how hard that - ?”

I’m going to miss Dee, Dawson and Beth too. Especially Dawson. After reading Shadows, I basically fell in love with him. I wished he appeared more in this book, but he was in the ending, which compensated his absentee in the rest of the book.

And Archer….oh Archer, my baby. I’m going to miss him the most I think (after Daemon of course)! He is my absolute fav “minor” character in this series. He is very funny and he made me crack up every single time, especially with Daemon! He is kind of the best friend everyone wished for. Gosh, I love him!

“It’s like an apocalypse,” Archer murmured.
I swallowed hard. “All we’re missing are the zombies.”

The storyline of this book was a bit different from the previous ones. This time it had of a apocalyptic theme, but I liked it. The whole world became a bit terrifying (with Daedalus, the Luxen, the origins,…) and Jennifer did an amazing job at describing the scenery and fights.

Oh! And I was so excited about the Arum in this book! I read Obsession a few days ago and I LOVED IT. I couldn’t wait for Hunter appearing in this book. I’m sooooo glad how he turned out to be with Daemon, Katy and the rest. Hunter and Daemon is such a good sarcasm combo :D I only wish they were more conversations between them!

“We could really use the Avengers right about now."
"Screw that. We need Loki," Daemon retorted.
General Eaton arched a brow. "Well, unfortunately, the Marvel Universe isn't real, so...”

I want to thank Jennifer L. Armentrout for this series. You stole my heart since I first started with Obsidian. And I fell in love with your books and characters over and over again. You are the best ♥

PS: I need a spin-off about Luc. Please?

“In a low voice, I asked, "How are you doing?"
Luc shrugged. "You know, I'm doing my thing like a chicken wing."
My brow arched.
Daemon sounded like he choked. "Did you seriously just say that?”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opposition.

Quotes Melissa Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I forced myself to stop thinking about Daemon, about anything I didn’t want to share with Archer, which was pretty much everything right now. So I thought about belly dancing foxes wearing grass skirts. Archer snorted. “You’re weird.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“What the hell, man?” Dawson exploded, hands flying up. “I was on level sixty-nine of Candy Crush, you bastard. Do you know how hard that—?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“We could really use the Avengers right about now."
"Screw that. We need Loki," Daemon retorted.

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Kat.” He uttered my name like it was some kind of prayer, and then he pressed a kiss against the skin behind my ear. “I broke every rule of my kind to heal you and keep you with me. I … burned down an entire city to keep you safe. I’ve killed for you. Did you think I’d forget what you mean to me? That anything in this world— in any world— would be stronger than my love for you?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“It’s not like I’m going to run up and hug him.”
His expression turned bland. “I’d sure hope not. I might get jealous.”
“You’d get jealous if she hugged a tree,” Archer tossed out.
“Maybe.” Daemon coasted to a stop in a parking space behind the car. “I’m needy like that.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Oh no. Oh, hell to the no to the tenth power.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“In a low voice, I asked, "How are you doing?"
Luc shrugged. "You know, I'm doing my thing like a chicken wing."
My brow arched.
Daemon sounded like he choked. "Did you seriously just say that?”

June 23, 2014 – Shelved