Pratibha's Reviews > The Bluest Marble

The Bluest Marble by Vipin Kumar

liked it
bookshelves: 2014, indian-fiction

rating ~ 3.5/5

The book begins with Aditya telling his story of rise , fall and then finding peace for himself , away from family and friends. The urban life portrayed is as true as it is for every other person living in metropolitan cities. It is not a life but a checklist to cover - money , promotion , house , marriage , making parents proud etc etc ..

But what is new here is the way Aditya realizes that being happy is more important than making or keeping people happy. The point where for a second he realizes that probably his ex girlfriend was right in asking him to seek his happiness, is like a statement. Being happy is not selfish. But people's expectations from us or vice versa is selfish.

It was part scary , part sad how Aditya reaches the point of not wanting to return home.

But even with such relatable tale , there were sone things that bothered me. One is the dialogue between Aditya and his bike. I understand we all talk to our stuff but a response is creepy. Also , while the first part of the book is detailed , I found the ending little rushed. I wanted to read more about UT. To know how Aditya managed to have a fresh start. Little more perhaps.

Overall , i liked the book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bluest Marble.

June 23, 2014 – Started Reading
page 122
July 1, 2014 –
page 162
July 2, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Vipin (new)

Vipin Kumar Thank you Nimue for reviewing the book!