Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)'s Reviews > Loop

Loop by Karen Akins

bookshelves: ya, sci-fi, time-travel-alt-universe, favorites, currently-own-fc, action-adventure
Recommended to Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours) by: Andi (Andi's ABCs)

Initial Impressions 2/28/25: Oh that was SOOO much fun! Thanks to Andi for the push and letting me borrow!!! This was such a me book.
I love "sci-fi light", as apparently it's called these days. The humor in this book was delightful and really just made me fall in love with the characters that much more.
I loved how much of a firecracker Bree was and she was such a clever character. Absolutely LOVED Finn. Swoony swooooons.
Some really awesome twists in the end!! One I totally saw coming but so many more that I didn't and GAH. The way it ended! I can't wait to pick up book two now!!

Review as originally posted HERE on The Book Addict's Guide 6/17/15: "10 THINGS I FELT ABOUT THIS BOOK" | An informal review
•EXCITED. I love a good time travel book and this one somehow wasn’t even on my radar until Andi of Andi’s ABCs recommended it to me! I saw her pushing it and knew it was my kind of book.
•DELIGHTED. As soon as I started reading, I knew it was true. This was totally a “me” book! Time travel + a feisty main character? Yes, please!
•FRIENDLY. I loved the characters in this book and I felt like I got along really well with Bree and her friends! It’s always so great when I find characters that I instantly want to be friends with.
•CURIOUS. The wheels were turning! The scene was set where Bree first met Finn but I was so confused how this all played out since her first encounter was when he was a bit younger than her.
•IMPRESSED. I knew I should trust in Karen Akins and… she totally nailed it. The time travel story line always loops (Ha. Hahaha. Sorry. Bad pun.) and I LOVED how it folded on top of itself, looped back around, and always had more clues and insight coming!
•FEELSY. I absolutely, positively developed some serious Bree and Finn feels. I loved Bree’s attitude and I loved Finn’s reactions to her. They were seriously adorable together and gahhh even thinking about them while I’m writing up my thoughts is giving me all the butterflies again!
•NERVOUS. These kids also made me pretty nervous. I mean, of course you hope (and assume) that things will come together, but what if they don’t? What if they get themselves into or remain in serious trouble? It was a good kind of nervous that kept the plot going!
•HOOKED. I really didn’t want to put the book down. LOOP is what one might call “sci-fi lite”. I actually haven’t looked up the “technical” definition of sci-fi lite but to me it means that things don’t get insanely technical and the overall feel is a bit lighter in the sense that a wider audience can appreciate the book and not just hardcore sci-fi fans. This can also be a double meaning for LOOP because I loved the humor throughout the book as well!
•SLEUTHY. There were some mysteries in this book that NEEDED solving. One was actually kind of obvious for me (there were some fun clues along the way) and others totally surprised me but I was so anxious to solve them all!
•HAPPY. LOOP just really left me with an overall great feeling! It easily became a favorite and although I didn’t give it five full stars, the amazing feelings it left me with easily bumped it up to a favorite in my book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loop.

June 22, 2014 – Shelved
page 46
13.69% "GASP!!!!"
February 17, 2015 –
page 73
21.73% "Ahhhh I love it. How loopy"
February 24, 2015 –
page 153
45.54% "THESE TWO. I just love them."
February 25, 2015 –
page 208
61.9% "Loving!!!"
page 221
65.77% "What the hell is going on!?!?!"
page 244
72.62% "Omg whaaaat! Didn't see THAT coming."
page 261
77.68% "Holy cripes zinger after zinger!!!!"
page 313
93.15% "Hahaha I REALLY hope that's a Back to the Future nod!"
February 28, 2015 – Shelved as: time-travel-alt-universe