Jess's Reviews > Maybe This Time

Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie

bookshelves: 2010, jennifer-crusie

This is the newest book by Crusie and it was it's normal quirky self with some added extras in the paranormal department. The main character Andie is happy to finally be moving on from her ex-husband and marrying a new man. So to celebrate she is bringing her ex-husband North all of the alimony checks he sent her in the last 10 years. When she sees North again, she expects him to be the same man. When North sees Andie (Andromeda) again, he finds himself surprised that he's actually happy about seeing her. He also needs a favor from Andie, two children that he is distantly related to are in an old house with no guardian. Their closest relatives have all died and their nannies keep quitting. North's solution is to send Andie down to help them. When Andie gets there she discovers the children are having problems that are a little less than normal and questions arise about whether or not ghosts are real.

All in all, it was a good story because the mystery of the house was interesting to me and the romance between North and Andie was great to watch. On one hand, I was rooting for Andie to stick it to North.. just because. Then on the other hand I wanted them to kiss and make up. The humor in the book was classic Crusie, the characters were quirky and slightly off-kilter. It's definitely on the light side of chic-lit, and I hope that her style of writing never changes. Sometimes you just need one of these books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maybe This Time.

April 7, 2010 – Shelved