Kim's Reviews > Xavier Cold

Xavier Cold by Michelle A. Valentine

bookshelves: fighters

It took awhile to reach us, but the conclusion to Xavier and Anna's story was worth the wait! Xavier Cold picks up immediately after the final pages of Phenomenal X so if you didn't read book 1, stop here and go dig into Phenomenal X now. For everyone else, let's get to it :-)

"Our love— it’s unbreakable."

Now, Anna should know that making a statement like that is basically throwing down the gauntlet for the universe to prove otherwise, don't you think?

X is still reeling from the unexpected turn his life has taken in the last few hours, and the hits just keep on coming. His boss gets him off the hook but the terms of his surrender are less than palatable. Faced with losing his job and possibly his freedom if he doesn't agree, Xavier grudgingly accepts the offer, and he and Anna head back to Detroit to regroup. Unfortunately that also means facing his demons and staying in the house he owns there which may just be the biggest challenge he has ever faced.

Although Xavier has realized with startling clarity that his life means nothing without Anna as a part of it, their road is far from easy. He fights against self-destruction as childhood memories threaten to overwhelm him, and that's before his questionable past comes back to bite him almost as soon as he sets foot back in his old neighborhood. Add in troublemakers from the Tension world and both Xavier's and Anna's stress level is maxed out when his defense mechanisms kick in. Oh, did I say that facing his demons was X's biggest challenge? That task takes on a whole new meaning when Anna gets some game-changing news. Will X find a way to roll with it or will this be the moment that breaks them?

If you've read Michelle's books before, then I am sure you can guess the answer even if they take a bumpy side road to reach their final destination! As I flipped to the last page, I did it with a smile on my face. There were a few things that happened that weren't unexpected, but I enjoyed watching how it all unfolded anyway. The author wrapped up a lot of loose ends regarding family and friends so that the end result was rather satisfying in my opinion. Thanks Michelle for a Phenomenal ride!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Xavier Cold.

June 22, 2014 – Shelved