Katie Banasiewicz's Reviews > Invincible

Invincible by C.A. Gray

bookshelves: first-reads

Full Disclosure: I received this book courtesy of Goodreads First Reads.

This book is absolutely wonderful. It did take me a while to get into the book but that is probably because I have not read the first book in the series. However, once the world started to make sense I could not put this book down! I am just in love with the world of King Arthur and Merlin so this just seemed like the perfect book for me. The book is mainly set in the present day but it is sort of an alternate reality in the sense that the world is hidden from normal people. In order to access this world you must possess certain magical powers which are based on the elements of the universe. I thought that the characters were very well developed as was the world in which the story was set. The merging of the modern world with the ancient world was very well done and the inclusion of myths was seamless. I never felt confused and even though it was the second book in a series things from the first book were explained without being over-explained. The writing was good though at times it did seem a little flat, each chapter switched to a different point of view and I felt like the writing could have changed just a little bit to better illustrate the changing of characters. While there are some problems with the book, as with most books, overall it was a good book and an enjoyable read. I will be picking up the first and subsequent books in the series and I look forward to continuing the adventure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invincible.

June 22, 2014 – Shelved