Jessica *The Lovely Books*'s Reviews > Effortless With You

Effortless With You by Lizzy Charles

bookshelves: emotional, cried-my-eyes-out, contemporary, favorites, funnnnny, in-love
Read 2 times. Last read April 9, 2018.

I am so in love with this book! Finished it in one sitting.

And not to mention how giddy I am to know there's a second book. I totally just one clicked it :)

I don't know if it's me bring pregnant but I sure cried a lot while reading Effortless With You. Her relationship with her mother is what did me in. Broke me and brought me back together. I think it was because I could relate both to mother and daughter.

It you haven't read this book I don't know what your waiting for! Go get it.

Update--
Synopsis-
School is out and Lucy is ready for the perfect summer: lazy days at the pool, invitations to the most exclusive parties, and romantic dates with her hot new boyfriend. That is, until she lands in trouble one too many times and her parents issue the ultimate punishment: a summer job. Suddenly, the summer can't end fast enough.

To make matters worse, the job is painting houses with Justin, the most popular, egotistical guy in school. Spending all summer with Justin might be other girls' dreams, but definitely not Lucy's. After all, Justin is cocky, annoying, and a jerk. So what if he's the most beautiful jerk Lucy's ever seen? Or that his grin makes her forget she’s mad at the world? Or that maybe, just maybe, there's more to Justin than Lucy realizes. Only one thing is certain: it won’t be the summer she wanted, but it might be exactly the one she needs.

Review-
I am so in love with this book! Finished it in one sitting. I honestly don't know what printed me to read EWY, but I'm sure glad I did. The cover is pretty but it didn't really catch my attention. I just decided I needed something new to read. Once I started though, I couldn't stop, as I said before I read in one sitting.

The book deals with some bullying and I don't see how anyone could bully Lucy. She's awesome; although at the beginning her attitude irked me. But I understood it the more I read. As a freshman, she makes the varsity basketball team. Lucy is a prodigy, a bad ass even. Which is exactly why she gets subjected to bullying in the first place.

Before long she quits basketball and she's never the again.

Fast forward to a time where *gasp* she has to get a summer job painting houses with none other than hottie, Justin. Boy he is one cocky a*hole. Did I say cocky? No, i totally meant dreamy, loveable, and at times kind if broody. My favorite combination!!

During the summer Lucy foms quick friendships with Justin and some of the guys painting. She learns a lot about herself and what it truly means to grow up. EWY really hit home. Not only does it deal with issues of bullying, it had a heartfelt and realistic look at a mother/daughter relationship. It definitely brought me back to a time of being sixteen and feeling as if the world was against me, especially my mother.

The romance was perfectly done. I adored every single one of these characters. I know I was going to have a very hard time saying goodbye to them. Luckily, there's a second book!! Imagine my joy in finding the story continues.

For those of you in need of a pick me up type story, this is for you. A great summer read that will keep you engaged until the very end.

It you haven't read this book I don't know what your waiting for! Go get it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Effortless With You.

June 21, 2014 – Started Reading