Christi Snow's Reviews > How to Reprimand Your Rock Star

How to Reprimand Your Rock Star by Mina Vaughn

My Review:
Overall, this was an entertaining read. It's a set-up that's completely original...I don't think there is another romance novel out there where the heroine is a college basketball player at the very top of her game like Thea is, but she's still a freshman...young and inexperienced.

That same description works for her sexually, too. She's a dominant, but doesn't realize it until she meets rock star, Keaton Lowe. He's a sub and recognizes a match for his needs in Thea, even though she has no idea. Thea's also in the middle of playing in the March Madness tournament. This isn't the time to explore this crazy thing with a hot rock star...but sometimes we don't have control of the timing of things.

Thea and Keaton are both in the middle of a crazy schedule...Thea balancing travel for the tournament with college and Keaton is in the middle of a tour. But they manage to cross paths every week or so with some really smexy times in between.

The book was fun. I loved how new all this was to Thea and her experiments with Scarlet as she discovered her new sexual life. The author did a fantastic job of showing how this Domme lifestyle translated into a level of confidence for Thea in every other part of her life including basketball. As a freshman, she has so many doubts, but as she begins to embrace her sexuality, she also begins to embrace herself and her strengths at all levels of her life. I liked that empowering message. It was also awesome to read about a female dominant...I really love that story line.

And then there's Keaton...British rock star extraordinaire. His devotion and immediate connection to Thea was incredible even when she didn't truly realize how deep it went for him. It was fun to see her realize the depths of his devotion and to realize that this isn't a game for him. Talk about a fairy tale come true...seriously, a rock star that every girl wants falling for the most unlikely of heroines...I loved that. This is the love story that every girl dreams about.

Overall, it was a great read. I enjoyed it. It wasn't incredibly deep, but it was entertaining and the story was one that I really loved for both the dynamics of the story, but also the creativity. I recommend this one if you're looking for a light erotic read.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Reprimand Your Rock Star.

June 20, 2014 – Shelved